HybridZ

This is lame...how to get chevy bolt pattern 4-3/4 on 5

Originally posted by cyrus:

I want to use 80's-90's camaro or trans am rims 16 x 8 with 4.5 back space. I need to figure out how to get the chevy pattern.

Ummm....I don't think that would be my first choice of bolt pattern. I guess it's possible, but probably more trouble than you think. I know that the rear end can't be drilled out big enough to do 4.75" and still have any metal left to hold the lugs. a 4.5" circle puts at least one of the lugs right at the edge. It's hard to go too big and keep the stock rear-end. 'Course you could always throw a chevy rear-end in there, either a standard axle or 'vette IRS.

I guess one solution would be to first convert your car to 5x4.5 (drill the rears and replace front hubs with 300zx hubs) to get you to 5 lugs and then use bolt-on spacers to covert the 4.5" to 4.75".Maybe the front 300zx hub could be drilled for 4.75, but I don't know.

Gene

cyrus, you can do it ,i run 8.5 on the front & 10 on the rear ,5spokes 5 on 5.75 chevy. i did this so i could swap wheels from my vette,camino,914/v8(which is 5 on5.75 also)if ya run 10s ya gotta flair it. its not hard ,a machinist with smarts and an indexer can do the hubs,stub axels,and drums in short order.contact me if i can help!

Willwood makes a big rotor 5-lug conversion, too.

Trick Z

We're packing 8 - ain't no 6's here!!

The bearings on chevy front hubs are the same or close enough to where you can mount chevy front hubs on the stock Datsun spindles. I think Gnz did this to match his corvette rear..

Thure

See if Jaguar hub/rotors can work if you select the right bearings for the front. They have big vented rotors and the bolt pattern is the same as Chevy, 5x4.75". The bolt spread on the big 4-piston calipers is the same as your Z but these calipers are pretty heavy.

Tried that already. The hub/rotor hits the Z caliper bracket/stub axle before the bearing are home. I really wanted to try the Jag calipers. You're right, they are heavy though. i have a JY set in my garage. I was trying to find a rotor that I could adapt to the Z hub to use with those calipers, but I couldn't find anything large enough, so I just gave up.

TIm

Ok heres the update....

I want something like 17x9 with no flares so everything has to be perfect. I want to run NHRA so I do not believe they allow adapters or spacers.

I want to know how trickZ has got a chevy pattern done this. Can I get a ford pattern with no adapters.

Then what oem stuff will work.

I think you can have new stub axles made. Check with Dutchman Motorsports, Strange Engineering, or Moser Engineering. Steel axles for American diffs are ~$300. They should be able to duplicate the Nissan stub and cut threads in it for $400 or so I would think. Then you could have what I would guess is a better alloy axle as well as any bolt pattern you wanted.

Originally posted by cyrus:

Come on people I need 16 or 17 by 8 or 9 rims... how, what, where, who, etc...

thanks

cyrus

LS1 + old 195/70/14 + open dif = Smoke + frustration

I, personally, am converting my car to 5 on 4.5", like the Fords & Dodges. This will allow me to use a set of 90's 300zx wheels. The Turbo models used 16x7.5 on the front and 16x8.5 on the rear. The non-turbos used 16x7.5 all around. You might consider this as an option. They can be had for a pretty good price on ebay.

Gene

I'm running Mustang wheels on my car - Knig 5.0s. I did this by switching to 300ZX front hubs from SCCA aka Mike. In the rear things had to be drilled out and new studs put in. The Konig wheels might not be as wide as you want but the Mustang lug spacing IS a good way to go IMO.

P.S. I think 16inch wheels would be better than 17. 17s put the car up too tall IMO.