HybridZ

Looking for a 350 block 4 bolt main

Hey Guys,

I am looking for a sbc 350 4 bolt main block for my supercharger build. I tore the last block up, had a crack in the deck. What I need is a older style 350 4 bolt main block std bore. I wil need to bore it out 30 over, also needs to be a two piece seal, but I can get an adapter to convert a 1 piece seal.

It needs to have plenty of deck height left so we can have it decked straight.

Need it resonable priced because of having to get it freighted to me.

Let me know if any one can help.

Thanks,

John

John, in the green colered trader paper you have in mid SC, there was a fellow advertising some 020 blocks a few weeks ago. I saw it passing thru to the beach.

I suggested we go check them out, but my wife was not amused.

jt

I have searched the carolina trader and ebay. Found one on ebay but talked to GrumpyVette it was not far from him and he convinced me to stay away from it.

I have a couple local friends looking for me. I have priced a new GM block and probably will take that route.

As far as 2 bolt main and splayed caps that is mainly for the 400 blocks. The 4 bolt mains are weaker in the 400 blocks.

I have 2 350 4 bolt main blocks just not in the condition that I wanr to use, one has be hit hard from the bottom and the other one was a nascar gm block converted for dry sump.

Thanks for all the help guys.

John

did you check out the junkyard for a good 010 block? You can get 350 4 bolts for free to 100 bucks, the 010's are around 300-400 though and fewer to find in my area. I'm surprised your having trouble finding stock 350 4 bolt. I received mine for free (had a spun rod bearing but only used the block anyhow).

Yes I have checked all local places, just no one is selling them or they are getting harder to find. Did find one in Mrytle Beach SC for $200.00 virgin block, so I will get it as a spare and run the nascar gm block for now. Thanks for the help....

I was going to buy a new block from performance GM, but I think the metal the are cast from is not as good as the older seasoned blocks.

John

did you check out the junkyard for a good 010 block? You can get 350 4 bolts for free to 100 bucks, the 010's are around 300-400 though and fewer to find in my area. I'm surprised your having trouble finding stock 350 4 bolt. I received mine for free (had a spun rod bearing but only used the block anyhow).

Hi John,

If you are still looking for a SBC350, I suggest you call Jims Machine & Auto Shop [1 (870) 239-5030] in Paragould (AR). James stated that he has several available or he could build what ever you wanted.

James just rebuilt my 1983 L28ET that had 300K+ miles of fun driving. Now she is a L31ET with many upgrades that I wanted. I am very pleased with the work that this shop did for me.

John:D