HybridZ

found a very inexpensive tire source!

1 tuff z

hey all, many of you know that on my return trip from daytona and the 07 z convention i had a flat tire in gettysburg, pa that basically ruined the tire. i had not been able to find a replacement, as they no longer make that model. i was resigned to park the z for the winter and purchase a replacement [pair to keep things even] in the spring. i stumbled upon a deal today, and thought i'd pass along the info to my z friends.

this business is in pa, they have over 40,000 tires in stock!

the tires i'm purchasing [toyo proxes t1s 245/35/17] are priced 1/3 the cost of new as they are a discontinued model [the new model is the t1r], i may even buy 2 complete sets...gotta run that one by the ceo tonight.

anyway, here is the info;

joe at the tire shoppe, 866.208.6551, 7am-5pm est.

david

hey all, many of you know that on my return trip from daytona and the 07 z convention i had a flat tire in gettysburg, pa that basically ruined the tire. i had not been able to find a replacement, as they no longer make that model. i was resigned to park the z for the winter and purchase a replacement [pair to keep things even] in the spring. i stumbled upon a deal today, and thought i'd pass along the info to my z friends.

this business is in pa, they have over 40,000 tires in stock!

the tires i'm purchasing [toyo proxes t1s 245/35/17] are priced 1/3 the cost of new as they are a discontinued model [the new model is the t1r], i may even buy 2 complete sets...gotta run that one by the ceo tonight.

anyway, here is the info;

joe at the tire shoppe, 866.208.6551, 7am-5pm est.

david

Do they have a website?

i didn't ask, best to call. i just got off the phone and confirmed my tire price. sitting down? toyo proxes t1s 245.35.17 for...$45/tire [the new model t1r's are around $130 each, same size]! i'm thinking about getting 10 tires. 2 for now and 2 spare sets of 4. think of it-nearly guilt free lapping, burnouts, drifting or whatever!!

will order monday!

Guest 280ZForce

im calling him on monday... i need some meaty tires for my new wheels...

265/45/17 in front and 305/40/17 in back, i'll see what I can get away with.... his prices sounds like he'll save me a small fortune.

Yep free, I cant tell you exactly where they come from, but they are used on crash test cars then they send them to us to dispose of.

I am suprised that they dont make you drill a 1" hole in the sidewall. I work for GM and we have to do this to all of the tires that will be disposed of and not reused. Of course I gan get many other parts for little to no cost, like ls2 coils.

my tires arrived today-very quick indeed-as i only ordered them yesterday morning! their website is; tireshoppe.com but joe said it would be best to call. he even sent me a t-shirt, some decals and these cool little foam cones [like mini auto-x cones], i love it!

ahh, now i have some guilt-free track rubber, burn-out rubber and whatever else rubber!

Guest 280ZForce

ive spoken to Joe the last few days and he's been a great help with helping me size my tires right and find a good brand for use on my Z...

I'm ordering some BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KD from him...

275/40/ZR17 for fronts

315/35/ZR17 for rears

$100 each