HybridZ

Two days in Tokyo! what to do?

Globerunner513

Well like the title says, I'm going to be spending 48hrs in downtown Tokyo thanksgiving week. (leave day after thanksgiving).

Just gathering ideas of things to see or do. Specifically things having to do with cars/tuner world. Thought that seeing the wangan might be kinda cool too. Although something historical would be awesome (history buff), just can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Anyway, if you had two days in Tokyo, where would go go? and how do you get there?

to go Ropongi Crossing. There's plenty of things to do there at night. Lots of sailors hang out there and lots of Jap chics. Check out Tokio tower also. Also check out that place where they built the whole city on top of the water (shown on the Discovery Channel). Sorry I forgot the name of the place.

V.

lol i highly doubt im gonna be driving around an FD or GTR ;) IF i do rent a car it would probably be outrageously expensive....and some little econo-box.

BTW, im pretty sure there are some freeways around there where 200mph would be possible. But thats besides the point, i was just agreeing that skylines are overrated by showing another jap supercar that can go 200mph stock. lol

(for the record there's a road around here where 160-170mph can be achieved around 2am)

skylines are over rated, go locate yourself a 240z and bring it back to the states..

What do to? It depends what your other interests are other than Zs. Roponngi is alright but I found it not to be too much fun, it was more for the younger crowd and expensive.

Things I would do if I had two days in Tokyo: I would get on the train and go to Zama City to Autorest, I would hit up an Autobacs, I would go to Yokosuka Naval Base and visit my friends, I would go to Yokohama to visit my friend Takyuki Machida(Big Z guy who owns a tuner shop), I would go to The Morrigans Pub and have some Guinness Stout, if there on a Sunday maybe go to Harugiku....so much to do.... Maybe go down to the Up Garage and the Auto Zebra. There are plenty of places to eat, shop and drink. The trains are great, you can get on one and get out there and have some fun. Take plenty of money.

k...that sounds great!! ^^ problem is....i don't know what most of those are :(

dictionary needed! Roponngi? Autobacs? Harugiku? Auto Zebra? (i know what up garage is)

And where is that tuner shop your friend owns? if he's a z guy that might be something worth visiting.

Sorry I was falling back my days when I lived there. Roponngi-nightlife district. Autobacs-Japan Pep Boys(better of course), harugiku(spelling might be off)-Sundays they have these kids that come out and look like Anime and there is a real nice shrine there too(history). Auto Zebra is next the the Up Garage that is in Atsugi at the 1&246 highways. Auto Zebra sells Nostalgic cars and Zs. My friend Machida's shop is in Yokohama why down off the 246, his company is called "All Round Players" I think it should be "All Around Players" but something was lost in the translation. When will you be in Japan? I will email my friend and see what cars he currently has at his shop.

for those that don't get it. iki iki. drink drink. iku iku. i'm coming. i'm coming.

Replacing the O with a U ofcoarse.....hahahaha. My friend in OKi that drives a spirit RX7 has 1919 ( I ku I ku) on his license plate......hahahahaha.:D I think hiragana symbol is also TE (hand)what a match....hehehe.

Terry