HybridZ

Front Turn Signal Help

BurnoutZ

At first it appeared and easy upgrade to switch 74 260z turn signal(lower ones) to the 74.5 260z in grill turn signals. So I have the in grille turn signal assemblies and rgw grill, but it appears there are welded(or as it appeared) metal housings on the body that hold the turn signal assemblies. I have seen 240z's with these in grille turn signals and i was wondering how i would go about a conversion?

Ack! Why would you ever want to swap out lower turn sig... ahh shoot, nevermind. To answer your question, are you talking about the "keepers" holding the wiring harnesses down? Those bend with the force of your pinky finger - just pry them loose and reroute to your heart's content. I assume you're going with an airdam or something to plug the lower signal holes?

If the keepers are not what you are talking about, post up a pic, 'cause there's nothing I can think of that would prevent this mod. By the way, what are you going to do with your old lower turn signals? My buddy's set is all shot to heck.

- David

I don't know about a 260Z but the 280Z turn signal mounts are spot welded on. I thing there are at least 4 spot welds. Grind off the paint and you'll be able to see the spot welds, just drill them out. Not the easest place to get a drill but it can be done.

At first it appeared and easy upgrade to switch 74 260z turn signal(lower ones) to the 74.5 260z in grill turn signals. So I have the in grille turn signal assemblies and rgw grill, but it appears there are welded(or as it appeared) metal housings on the body that hold the turn signal assemblies. I have seen 240z's with these in grille turn signals and i was wondering how i would go about a conversion?