HybridZ

What is your most valuable, important tool in the box?!

proxlamus©

My computer and my service manual if I'm thinking "out of the box," or if I'm taking the question more literally, my complete set of Craftsman metric wrenches and sockets that my wife gave me for Father's Day. Thinking about it, those wrenches and sockets are probably the only tools I use on almost every single project on the car.

The CNC machine at the shop is pretty high up there, though... fun to zip up mounts, brackets, OEM replacements, etc.

I have to say the big Ingersoll-Rand compressor in the corner. Pneumatic tools changed the way I live my life. I spend more of it driving and less wrenching.

I have 5 auto-retracting air hoses in my 2 car garage and a pneumatic tool for nearly every job.

Next is my ratcheting socket wrenches followed by my Kline screw drivers, 42" 1/2" extension (makes getting to those bell housing bolts a breeze), Miller Inferno auto-darkening welding helmet, Miller MIG, radial arm floor standing drill press/lathe/mill, Miller TIG and finally my Hypertherm plasma cutter.