HybridZ

Super Easy Custom Turn Signals

Challenger

Well I was putting on my rear turn signal and they didnt look real good. Ive seen the Hyundai turn signal swaps but you need the turn signals off a Hyundai. I was just thinking about an easy way to make them look slimmer and it came to me.

Instructions

1. Remove the turnsignal assembly.

2. Youll have the lense, chrome trim, and the actual bulb assembly.

3. Remove rubber gasket from bulb assembly.

4. Remove small screw tabs that mount in the turn signal hole. Push these on to the bulb assembly so the holes line up. Take bulb assembly and hold on the inside of the rear fender.

5. From the outside screw on the lense and trim piece.

The last step will require some kind of isulation so its not metal on metal.

This will be the ONLY peice youll have to find to complete this.

Ill try to upload some pictures of it on the car later.

Im not sure if this has already been done, but it makes the turn signals look 100 times better, its free and takes like 15 min.

Im not sure if this has already been done, but it makes the turn signals look 100 times better, its free and takes like 15 min.

I frenched mine and it was not free and it takes like countless hours...

S1010026-1.jpg

Mostly done in this shot.

P1010061.jpg

Done in this shot just a bit further away, but they look good.

By the way thats a good idea and waaaaayyyyy easier than frenching them in.

Dragonfly

Yeah I thought it was niffty, but I thought to myself, "Im not that smart, why didnt someone come up with this before me?"

The only issue is getting the trim not to scratch up the paint but still seal the bulb assembly. Im working with a thin bead of soft caulking sealant on the inside of the lense. Ill post pictures when I finish it, all the sealant we had was hard.

Anyone gonna try this? "Im not that smart, why didnt someone come up with this before me?"

I was thinking, how are they mounted normally.

I couldn't remember, so I went out to the car to check.

I don't have them. (Aus delivered 2+2). so I guess maybe other people are in the same boat.

I shaved mine altogether. I stuck reflectorized tape along the spoiler on the front, and the pinchweld in the back. Light not required in California, just the reflectorized section... It's a parsing but the CHP begrudgingly has left me alone thusfar.

I hate Sidemarkers. I had to have them put in to federalize the Fairlady Z, and then promptly removed them and 'repaired' the butchery done in the name of my own safety.

Did I mention I think they should go back to Leather Helmets in the NFL?

I ended up making a small "gasket" the same size as the metal trim so it fits up against the paint without actually touching it. I used the gas filler rubber flap to make the "gasket", works well.

I dont think Ive ever seen a picture of your car Tony. You need to post some in the 2+2 Forum. Ive seen a couple videos from inside the car but nothing from the outside.