HybridZ

LT1 is finally in!

Today it happened! I was finally able to get the LT1 bolted up in the Z. I'm really pumped - with the motor in I can make the most of the Thanksgiving holiday.

Big thanks to dsommers for loaning me his hoist and load leveler. Also, my father-in-law gave up his afternoon (and the Colts game) and between the two of us we were able to get the motor in place in just a couple of hours.

Nothing earth shattering, but in truth, it's a huge relief to have this thing in!

Here are a couple of pics:

Getting_Ready_To_Drop_It_In.JPG

LT1_T56_Going_In.JPG

Setting_In.JPG

Bolted_Up.JPG

Getting close! I'll have the body panels back on in a few days, radiator, oil cooler, a/c condensor and the spoiler on by the end of the holiday.

Woo hoo!

Guys, Brian is a MONSTER!!! He shows up at a little after 1PM to pick up my hoist and brings it back around 6ish.

I've seen his car in person and he is taking NO short cuts in making a world class car, attention to detail is through the roof, way to go Brian!!!

Thanks again guys. I'm pumped that the motor is in finally! I'm getting ready to go out and get working on it some more.....

I've got to be honest, I'm dreading finishing up the wiring - that's where my skills run out - anyone want to make the trip to Arkansas for a wiring party? :)

Bryan