HybridZ

How much $ is enough

CalifaThugz

to get a Z running with no motor harness ecu and anything just has the differential... Stupid question I know but, I have an n42 block and p78 or p79 head? Will those two go together? I tried searching but, really couldn't find the answer. Do you guys think 1,500$ is good to get my Z up and running? I need to know before I sell my 240sx... I'm selling it so I can fix my 280z and don't know if its enough and at my age I don't have a job or anything to spend money only the money that I'm going to get for the car but give 250$ to my mom for buying me a plane ticket... =] I'm going to get a call tomorrow so, I need to know if it is enough I don't want to make a mistake and not have a car to drive next year. :icon9: Though I know fixing an S30 chassis isn't a mistake...

$1500 will get you started. It will nickel and dime you trust me.

Quoted for the truth. Honestly, if this is your only car and you do not have the money to keep it up and running, sell it before you sell your 240sx.

Others may not agree with me, but I value having a reliable ride over something cool to drive.

$1500 will probably get you up and running, the problem I think you're going to run into though will be finding parts and then when it's up getting everything else up to par. Remember these cars are old and lots of electrical and rubber parts through out the car will need replacing at some point or another.

I understand about not having a ride, but my family owns 9 cars and only 3 people to drive them but, I want to drive my car and my car only and the 240sx is not my type of car... I went from 280zx to 300zx to 280z to 240sx and coming back to 280z but unfortunately this 280z doesn't run... It has a rebult bottom end don't know about the heads though, the engine was assembeled by a mechanic. I need to get a harness, ecu transmission, and radiator to get it running do you guys think that 1,000$ will be enough to get that. Also, need to get it registered and titled it hasn't run since 88 so I'm guessing that will run me 300+ what my dad told me.

sounds to me like it would be easier just to buy a donor car or a new car. That is what I would do. (please note I've only ever owned 1 car and it's been garaged for the past 15 years, so I'm kinda new to replacing stuff) but that is what I would do. for instance... http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/car/484999487.html

1k seems to have everything you don't. not sure how far away that is from you but who knows.

You're in Apple Valley? Check out the PnP on Gasline in Adelanto. They've always had a few Zs when I've been there; last time I found a complete '73 240z, drivetrain and interior and all. Even had some new/bagged parts stuffed in odd places. They run wheelbarrows for $150 + cores, the only real problem is getting them up the hill at the gate (take some friends).