HybridZ

Are these the closest to the Air dam/valence/bumper I'm looking for?

TrumpetRhapsody

Ok in my defense, I'm not trying to build the Devil-Z. I just happen to really like its front bumper/valence/air dam... and it's ZG flares for that matter :mrgreen:

Anyway, I've searched about 6 pages deep using several search permutations, and have come up short to what I'm looking for, which for the record is this:

WM+Anime+Devil+Z.jpg

The closest thing I've found is either what people call the 240z air dam (think big-phil's) or the air dams from thezstore.com shown below. The big-phil style air dam might not be too bad if I could modify the bottom part of the radiator opening to be as wide as the side markers. However, if I did that the overall bottom area probably wouldn't be as tall as I'd like, and might make the radiator opening look HUGE.

Here are the zstore.com ones:

large501401.jpg

Not bad, but the bottom looks a little too rounded, and the radiator opening isn't as big as I'd like it. The devil-z's looks like it extends about 2" below the side-markers.

large501411.jpg

Not bad, but it doesn't go down low enough to the ground, the brake vents aren't quite right, and same problem with the radiator opening.

large501685.jpg

This one also looks like it wouldn't go low enough to the ground, and the vents aren't that great.

In summary, has anybody found a bumper/air dam that looks more like the devil-z's?

Disclaimer:

Keep in mind that my comments refer to my own preferences, and don't reflect anything about how YOUR car looks with any of these on it. Please don't take offense.

Really? I totally thought that was a real car! Lol j/k. :P

I know it's an animation, but I believe a thread from awhile back said it was modeled after a real car (which probably had a similar air dam). Plus, with the growing popularity of the show I thought someone might have tried to made a replica.

EDIT: Saw you added some pics. Those definately look pretty sweet. I like them better than any of the ones I posted. They don't look very flat to the ground though, looks kinda bowed in the middle. Maybe I'm just too picky :icon56:

that air dam [which is slightly bowed-down-in the middle] is a xenon brand. msa sells them. have one on my z-been on for about 15 years now. mine used to bow in the middle until i fabricated an additional mount to support the middle.

you also mentioned that the one in the pic you posted was too high above the ground. i believe that pic was taken with the air dam on a stock ride height z. fwiw.

1 tuff z:

Ok so I searched some of your thread and found pics of your car. If I can make it level to the ground like that, I think it may be the air dam for me.

Do you have a writeup or at least picture of this bracket?

Where do I get that air dam!

http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=817973&postcount=5

Also, is that the same air dam on his car, I love that one too!

Thanks!

no write up. it was pretty simple, i used the factory mount that extends forward [where the bottom/middle of the grill mounts] from the lower radiator support. made a bracket that bolts to it and extends forward, allowing the backside lip of the air dam to sit on top. i know this sounds confusing, but once you look at the front of your z it'll make sense. i had a guy weld one up from some muffler hanger steel strap-as i can't weld. just told him what i needed.