HybridZ

Seat Experiance

Guest Jconnellr

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to dsommer for letting me try out his recaros.

I had about an inch to spare between my head and the roof not quite sitting up straight (normal driving style slight slump), so a helmet would get interesting. Granted his were on sliders, so maybe if I go the custom mount straight to the floorpan route I'd be ok. Perhaps mount the front slightly higher to angle me back a little. I'll just have to shop around for the lowest profile seats I can find, and custom make some mounts.

Scratch that idea of the seats being 500 for the pair. I talked with 365motoring and they told me that I could have the F1 Reclineable seats for 1000.00 shipped to my door.........I was getting all happy thinking that they were 500 for the pair.........

I am just going to go with the Corbeau seats, sliders and belts for the same damn price as just the F1's............Now I am back to waiting patiently for the rest of the parts to come to fruition...........

Scratch that idea of the seats being 500 for the pair. I talked with 365motoring and they told me that I could have the F1 Reclineable seats for 1000.00 shipped to my door.........I was getting all happy thinking that they were 500 for the pair.........

I am just going to go with the Corbeau seats, sliders and belts for the same damn price as just the F1's............Now I am back to waiting patiently for the rest of the parts to come to fruition...........

Yeah, it says 1k for the pair. Still not TOO bad of a deal. Being a safety item, Ill pay the difference for recaros or something like that.

They are working on getting certified, seems that anything that is approved is going to cost 500/seat. I imagine the price of certification can't be too cheap.

Evan

Guest znow white

i didnt weight the rsx seats but they didnt weigh as heavy as you think they were pretty light even with all those features also when you take of the rails of that strong hardened rails im sure it took a little off

Someone earlier posted that aftermarket seats are cheaper than OE seats; and, in my experience, that is just the opposite. OE seats are usually had significantly cheaper than aftermarket because of the masses of people who buy aftermarket seats for their 'Fast & Furious' cars, and then need to unload their stockers. As a bonus, stockers would be at LEAST DOT approved, which is better than many of those 'offshore' cheapos. Much safer, and better cover material.

In terms of mounting, it's all going to require some fab work...either way.

I have seen [and sat in] Miata seats that are an easy fit; but lack the passthrough for harnesses. I have experienced RX-7 FD seats, which have the passthrough and recline. I also had some 300ZX Turbo seats [later years] that were super nice. Honda S2000 seats have been successfully 'transplanted' as well.

I stayed with the FD seats because they were cloth, and I personally hate leather.

My last point is that ALL of the aforementioned seats were had for LESS than $500/pair.

***After reading the "STICKY" on this very subject, I remember seeing some Supra seats. There were several very decent pair at the jy the other day, and during the half Price promo they would run about $200/pair. With a little fabric cleaning, they would be perfect. Good deals are out there... Also, check http://www.craigslist.org in your area under 'Auto Parts'

• 1 month later...