HybridZ

my 1jz 260z

timbo1jz

how do u like that betamotorsports engine mount?

I love it..its really well made..the welds on it are flawless and it fit in my car like a glove...had to trim the tension rod covers a bit (which john saide i would have to) and it slid right in and the motor sits really low and far back....i can fit my 1000ho 2j into it no problem with a 76mm turbo and a HUGE intake manifold.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished installing R154,(updated post) pic of where your shifter will move back to when you fit the Soarer extension housing

junk 180

I have the Chaser 154 ,which is the same as Soarer, think you will definately need a LSD,( totally different to drive compared to the smooth civilised auto, diff ratio might need stepping back a bit as well)

If you have the non cable electronic speedo, wire up could cause problems, it can be done, but beyond me.

I haven't posted in a little while, but I have got a lot done. Finally got around to painting the valve covers, I modified a Toyota Camry throttle cable to work on the 1jz thanks to RussZed's idea. Got a set of Sportmax wheels for the z too. Everything in the engine bay is almost done.

260zzz060.jpg

260zzz059.jpg

260zzz058.jpg

this link could be of use for anyone using the R154 with short extension housing out of a Mk3 Supra

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477519

there is post somewhere on how to put the guts out of a shortnose LSD diff into a longnose case, saves changing front mount position (and driveshaft length if already set up)

this link could be of use for anyone using the R154 with short extension housing out of a Mk3 Supra

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477519

there is post somewhere on how to put the guts out of a shortnose LSD diff into a longnose case, saves changing front mount position (and driveshaft length if already set up)

Did it say which diff had to be used...for example use the stock r180 with lsd short nose guts?

Got my fuel feed system done today. Summit racing 12 gallon fuel cell with -8 feed line into a Bosch motorsports 044 fuel pump (good for 700 whp) with a -6 feed from the pump to the engine. I have an inline fuel filter before the pump. I will do the return next. Here are a couple pics. It looks nicer in person than in the pics.

260zzz072.jpg

260zzz066.jpg

260zzz064.jpg

260zzz074.jpg

Did it say which diff had to be used...for example use the stock r180 with lsd short nose guts?

R200 viscous LSD shortnose into long nose casing, obviously won't work with R180 and R230 into R200, The number after the "R" indicates the size in millimetres R200= 8 inch, R230 = 9 inch( and a little bit)R180 = 7 and a little bit,-get the idea?

But, if car originally fitted with R180, drive shaft same item as for factory fitted R200 open.

Swapping centres only really going to be advantageous if you have the 200 allready- we seem to have got more 240/260Z's with R200's in Australia than you got in the states, I think all cars here were 5 speed (and a few auto's), never seen a 4speed, could be why.

Item hiding somewhere in my computer, will put up link when I locate.

can i get a photo of that set up?? i need to figure out how im doing my throttle linkage

I haven't posted in a little while, but I have got a lot done. Finally got around to painting the valve covers, I modified a Toyota Camry throttle cable to work on the 1jz thanks to RussZed's idea. Got a set of Sportmax wheels for the z too. Everything in the engine bay is almost done.

260zzz060.jpg

260zzz059.jpg

260zzz058.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got some new pics. Fuel system is done, and I removed the complete rear suspension and got the new Modern Motorsports control arms in. I have ground control coilovers and tokicos on the way. Replacing the spindle pins while I have it appart.

260zzz084.jpg

260zzz082.jpg

260zzz090.jpg