HybridZ

Greddy Intake and Q45 throttle body

05plsrt-4

I'm in the process of installing a greddy intake and Q45 throttle body onto my RB25det thats going into my Z.

I've been gathering up a few pictures on what people have done, but pictures on here of what I need seem to be very hard to come by.

Does anyone have any links or pictures that they could share on how the throttle body is installed, how the throttle cable is attached, etc?

Also, has anyone tried to remove some of the extra linkages and "crap" on these throttle bodys with success? They're so ugly the way they are. It would look so much better if they were simple.

I appreciate any input anyone has to offer.

Here ya go--- just got done the install...if you have a s2 the TPS is a BITCH...Youll need a 240sx throttle cable which will attach to the TB fine... but youll need to take the fitting from the Z where it attaches to the pedal and take the fitting off and put it on the 240 cable.

zul8r has some good info and helped me through my install. I am sure you will see him on this thread

gim.JPG

Thanks for all the input

Are you using the throttle body the way it is? or are you removing the thermostat thing that ups the idle when cold?

That is exactly whats giving me hell right now with my Q45 TB.

I can't for the life of me get it to idle correctly. If I adjust the idle to where it will stay running while cold, when it warms up, it won't idle. If I adjust the idle while warm, it dies when cold. I just now noticed that water pipe thermostat circuit used for idle adjustment while cold/hot. Problem is, I deleted the OEM water lines that I could have used to feed the warm up circuit on the TB.

Has anybody went ahead and removed that warm up circuit lever from the TB ? It will come right off with the removal of its retaining bracket. Then, there would be nothing to alter the idle on the TB except the idle screw.

I think whats happening now on my set up is, I don't have hot water flowing thru the TB to activate the fast idle thermostat circuit, but I think even though, the engine bay heat, with heat soak is heating up that thermostat enough to raise and lower the idle anyways. Thats why I can't keep a steady idle lever position. Its getting enough heat soak to operate the lever plunger, even though no hot water is connected.

I need to remove all of the water controlled idle components, so it will at least not have that variable to deal with....

Anyone delt with this before?? :hs:

Thats exactly what I was wonder also, but I'm no where near actually starting my car. I just wanted to get all that stuff taken care before I get to that point.

I personally think that it could be removed all together, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has done it before I start hacking up this throttle body.

Installing the intake is a peice of cake, what I'm looking for is info on what people have done with the throttle body.

I'm trying to decide if I should keep this one or just buy a billet/custom one that only has a place for the TPS and throttle cable and has none of the other junk on the throttle body.

I've read pretty much every single post that has anything dealing with this throttle body but I havnt been able to find info on:

1) is the thermostat thing (What J.Soileau is talking about) is required, if it can be removedand still have the car operate correctly.

2) are all 13 or so springs and levers actually required.