HybridZ

Cam re grind

2fast2Z

Hi

I'm planning on getting a stock cam send to get re grind, has any of you tried to get a cam re ground and can any of you tell who to use and who to not, i'm planning on getting a streetabel profile that will suit my 40 dellortos.

If any of you also know the price range then please let me here it.

And yes i have tried to use the search machine.

Chris

Its nice to here all you guys enthusiasms and getting so nice a feedback is great.

Lift and duration don't tell me that much, what I'm most interested in, is to know in witch RPM range the different cams work in.

I want a cam for street use as I wrote above and I'm having an idea that it should start to kick ass at something like 2500 - 3000 RPMs, so it have to be more mild than wild, I also have a C stamped cam, but I think that its to mild for me.

Dtsnlvrs

It is also a F cam I have, it is used but in a very nice condition, that grind you have, must be the stageIII grind, having duration 290 advertised and 242 at .50, in what RPM range do that cam operate?

Collectindust240Z

What RPM range do your cam work in.

Maybe a cam sticky wouldn't be that bad an idea, if there is anyone with the right knowledge that can make one.

Well, now I just have to be patient and wait until I get a reply, from the grinders.

Chris

I talked to John at Delta and he told me 75.00 plus shipping.40.00 core charge if you dont have a core.He recommended there 272, .470 lift .110 lobe seperation cam for a street driven fuel injected car.What do you guys think of those specs. The lower cam is 260, .430 lift .110 lobe seperation.There number is 1-800-562-5500

I talked to John at Delta and he told me 75.00 plus shipping.40.00 core charge if you dont have a core.He recommended there 272, .470 lift .110 lobe seperation cam for a street driven fuel injected car.What do you guys think of those specs. The lower cam is 260, .430 lift .110 lobe seperation.There number is 1-800-562-5500

2 summers ago I had them regrind mine with what they said was .480 lift and 284/284. I've been running it with the stock valve springs and love it. Power is strong from 3500 to 6500 rpm. There is less torque at low revs, but I have an 82 ZX 5 speed and 4.11 diff so it's easy to get into the power band. Initially I ran with triple webers, and now am using megasquirt. As Jon said, I think I'd keep the cam stock if I was using the stock FI.

Hi

I'm planning on getting a stock cam send to get re grind, has any of you tried to get a cam re ground and can any of you tell who to use and who to not, i'm planning on getting a streetabel profile that will suit my 40 dellortos.

If any of you also know the price range then please let me here it.

And yes i have tried to use the search machine.

Chris

Try searching on LS1.com and LS1tech.com. Although these two forums specialize in GEN III Chevrolets, there is at least one regrinder in Texas that regrinds LS1 cams for less than $100.00 a copy. Might help.

g

I did most of my learning at http://www.msefi.com. This is the main support site for Megasquirt so it's not limited to Zs. But there's more info there than anywhere else I could find. Spend time there getting yourself up to speed on how megasquirt works. Then come back here and you'll find it easier to follow what's being said about using MS on Zs.