HybridZ

Whats the thread pitch on fittings needed for the pallnet fuel rail?

LamboZ

I have a Pallnet o-ring fuel rail, but no fittings, as I bought it on ebay.

I emailed him asking what thread pitch/size ill need for this fuel rail, but never heard from him.

He only offers -6AN and i need much bigger then that.

Thanks for any help, and Happy Holidays.

The ID on mine measures ~9/16" so it is probably 3/8"-18 NPT.

I think the question is really why you would need much bigger than -6AN? I think -8AN is overkill...there are plenty of high HP Z's on here are using -6 for fuel with no starvation problems.

This post will probably get tool sheded since it is basically a NPT tap size question: http://www.imperialinc.com/pdf/I_Tap&DieChart.pdf

HTH -hughdogz

can't you get a -8an fitting to -6an adapter ?

Im sure I can, but I rather just have a NPT to -8AN fitting off the rail to connect to my fuel lines.

Why spend money on a adapter and then another fitting?

Plus I want a clean install.

I had -8AN fittings on my old JSK fuel rail, but the thread pitch is different on the 2 rails, hence the need for new fittings.

Sir

Finned stock was tapped with 3/8NPT.

Smooth stock as of right now is tapped with 1/4NPT.

I have larger smooth stock going on my website this January. I'm having a little trouble getting AN fittings for any better price then you can at the moment, the supplier I had went under. Sorry if I havn't got back to you, I will have to check my email to see if for some reason your emails might be going into the spam bin, this happens sometimes. You have no idea how many emails I get from scammers since my email is allover the net from doing business. I don't know anyone here well enough to avoid them..:) Hope this info helps and happy new year.

Sir

Finned stock was tapped with 3/8NPT.

Smooth stock as of right now is tapped with 1/4NPT.

I have larger smooth stock going on my website this January. I'm having a little trouble getting AN fittings for any better price then you can at the moment, the supplier I had went under. Sorry if I havn't got back to you, I will have to check my email to see if for some reason your emails might be going into the spam bin, this happens sometimes. You have no idea how many emails I get from scammers since my email is allover the net from doing business. I don't know anyone here well enough to avoid them..:) Hope this info helps and happy new year.

crap... i just bought 3/4 NPT.

ill email the company and see if i can swap my order for some 1/4 NPT, as mine is smooth.

thanks

3/4NPT is almost an INCH is diameter, nowhere near 9/16"!

Tapping for 1/4NPT is about right at 7/16" +/-

You can't find a pipe plug to screw in there and check? Home Depot sells them, and if you bring the fuel rail into the store (or any decent hardware store) you can try fittings until you find one that fits...

I dont have my fuel rail handy, its in storage along with everything else.

I posted the 3/4" NPT because i found a post of Pallnets on zcar that had those specs.

But like Pallnet says above you, his 2 rails use different size fittings.

I got my order changed, and ill be getting my 1/4" NPT -8AN fittings soon.