HybridZ

p80 Head???

philfree

I don't think Nissan made a P80...

You should have either a P79 or a P90.

The P90 head came on the turbo cars and the P79(N/A cars) is almst identical except that the exhaust ports are round rather than rectangular.

There are several in depth discussions here on HybridZ about the different Z car heads.

THIS ONE FOR EXAMPLE

Hope that helps,

OTM

Hi

Yes i would really like it to be but it's a 1979 and ive been told Nissan never sold turbo 280zxt's in Australia also it's not turbo.... this could explain why it's running rich consistently because of the na computer and the turbo injectors

Thanks

Philfree

Its not a turbo motor. P90 heads were fitted to late model 280zx's in Australia, and as you know they were all NA, no turbo 280zx's were sold in Oz. I have a 240K Skyline with a P90/F54 carbie motor which I think is probably from a 280C or a Patrol.

It wouldn't have turbo injectors.

Hi

I am not trying to drag this on. But i went into the local Nissan dealer today to check the engine number and vin number. Seems its not on their system so they have told me with reasonably high certainty that the car is imported. this is where i am lost. I have a 79 so its one of the early ones with a f54 block and a p90 head and 3speed auto. did this combination ever come out of a factory like this? Also can you tell if the pistons are dished or flat top by taking the plugs out?

Thanks

Any help much apreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Does the car have t tops? If so it's most likely NOT a 79'.

If it was imported there's a good chance the years got screwed up.

I'd definately check the pistons via pulling a plug. If it's got flat tops don't worry too much about it. If that's the case then the running rich is EFI related. Check fuel pressure, AFM, and vacuume lines (make sure they're connected right and not blocked).