HybridZ

Funny Story

73DatsunZ

I know this is a re-post, but I don't know how to delete the other one, I put it in the wrong forum tab.

Awhile ago I took my 240z to Starbucks and it was all washed up and looking good and this guy in the Air Force comes up and he asked me what year my 280 was. I informed him that it wasn't a 280, it was a 240. So I went outside and showed em the car and popped the hood told him it had a rebuilt 280z engine with a 5 speed, cam, and an Arizona Z Car 4 barrel carb. We talked for a little bit, and he told me that he wanted a 240 for a long time. He liked it a lot and then he left in his new Mustang.

Cool guy, right?

I saw him again today and he asked me how my Z was. I told him that I was going to put my LS1 in it in a few months, and he continued to tell me that that was a "stupid idea" and that it "would ruin the value of the car forever." He then insisted a few times on telling me he would to buy it off of me (like it was for sale or something) if I was going to do that because of how dumb it was... He said "If you want to go fast, go buy a 5.0 foxbody for 5g's and race that around. Awesome! That was the end of that haha. Some people floor me I swear.

I'll repost from the other thread...

Some people just don't understand the desire to modify thier cars, and take it to the next level.

I guess swapping in an L28 didn't "ruin the value of the car", eh? :weird:

I hate the "Buy a Five-Oh", type of guys. Because that's the only thing worth modifying. :roll:

Thanks Larry. Ill pm someone next time.

I personally didn't put the L28 in there, the previous owner did. And I told the guy about the L28 in there and he was like "oh neat."

It was like he acted like my Z was in mint condition, I mean shes in great shape, but she does have her fair share of miles. 243,xxx on the body.

Even Ford guys like Z's. Even modified Z's. I took mine out to the Ford garage soon after I put the LS2 in it to show it to a couple of friends of mine who are techs there. The owner told me I could pick any Mustang GT on the lot if I wanted to trade. He wouldn't go for the Shelby though. I'll keep the de-valued 280.

Mike

I would much rather have an Ls2 Z. The Z just has that timeless look and turns heads all the time, and Mustangs are everywhere now. Also needless to say your Z would have those ponies for lunch anytime haha.

Did he have a Ford hat as well? lol

^ Unfortunately he wasn't, if he was, I would be beginning to think Ford was paying him to wear all that junk lol.