HybridZ

I need a little help

73DatsunZ

I searched a couple times and couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

Today when I was driving, I went to pop the hood so I didn't have to fun my fan, and the cable just popped out. So when I got home, I realized the cord was broken and I pulled it all the way out to find the cable was shredded. My question is:

How do I get this fixed I cannot open my hood (to my knowledge) without this part. Can I jack it up and redo the cabling? Pictures of how to fix this or advice would be awesome, as I would like to fix it myself and not pay a shop.

If it was my car..... I am 6' 3'' with pretty long arms

I would put the car up on solid jack stands

Take a drop light and try to reach the hood release from below

If you can reach the hood release.... Get a friend to push down on the hood right above the release... now see if you an move the cable that's

still attached... maybe a pair of small vice grips

Once the hood is open, stop all work and get your friend a beer

zdisease

Alright, I will have to attempt this tomorrow when its sunny. So use the vice grips to get a snug grip on the cable (if there is much left) and pull it while my buddy is pushing on the hood, and it will pop open? And when successful, give my buddy the corona in my fridge? Just making sure were on the same page lol :)

Okay, dumb question, here it goes:

Where would be the best spot to put the jacks on the front of my 240. Never jacked her up before

• 1 month later...

Ok, so going under the car wasnt going to work. Sorry for such a long response time guys. So someone told me to undo the bolts on the hood from the front and lift the hood to pop it. Also not working. I am very tempted to just break the hood to get it off :(. I have tried lifting it and using a screw driver to pop the hood and lift it, but also not happening. If someone in the the Phx/tucson area can help, I will totally buy pizza/give gas money to help me get this damn hood done. I havent driven her in almost a month now, and its driving me crazy.

Ok I dont want to use the Saw Zall.

Does anyone think that they can take a picture of where their hood cable goes exactly to under their hood latch. I think this will be helpful for me so when I get under this beast again , or lift the front now, I know where Im putting the screwdriver to pop it.