HybridZ

So finally I get around to posting pics of my 280

I picked this car up in May. This is my first experience with the z's and I'm really excited to get something done. Kinda made that I haven't had the Finances or the time to really get much accomplished. So what you see is pretty much how I bought it, aside from one important detail. I got it to run. Still needs a lil tweaking to smooth it out, but running rough is better then not at all. It also moves on its own, thanks to a new clutch slave and master cyl. Now next summer will come the underbody rust repair, and maybe some paint. But until then, its just going to have to sit :( no way for me to have it with me at school... a huge bummer. But this summer its crunch time, hopefully get it torn down to just the shell, but I've gotta drive it first! haha

Comments welcome, thanks for looking,

Adam

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01549.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

The body itself looks to be pretty true and rust free. There is no telling whats under the paint but from those pictures it "shouldn't" be too bad. How badly is the underbody rusted? Is it just the pans or does the rust extend to the TC mounting points and rails? Over-all that shouldn't be too hard to bring back to life. Congrats on a clean ("for now") shell! :)

well the frame rails arent in the best of shape thats for sure, but I am probably going to use some rectangular tubing in place of them if they are too bad to be saved, the floor is far from pristine, and there is some rust up in front wheel wells. As well as some in the spare tire area. I wasnt expecting the car to be perfect, and I *think I should be able to handle what needs to be done. If not it will be a fun learning expierence, Seems like an excellent knowledge base here that has helped me out a couple times already.

Thanks, yeah I really hope that there arent any suprises under the primer, its all probably coming off anyways, just to be sure.

-lowrider, bummer about your car, saw that tonight. Really good that you weren't hurt! You'll get everything worked out, probably end up with a car you like better in the end, as you can change anything you didnt like about that one. I def know, as do many people on this site im sure, how easy it is to get attached to vehicles. So I'm sure its no fun.

Yep it definitely will be go time, I have a lot of stuff I want to do to this car, but I can't afford any of it yet... college is stealing all my money.... lol so it might come together a bit slower than I would like to see but it will get done.

Looks like a good starting point.

I feel your pain about college. I'm starting spring semester in a week and I just quit my job, so anything on my Z other than just tuning/minor replacements is going to have to hold off. Which means the rear of the interior keeps looking bad :/

lemme tell you how much i feel your pain! I have the bankroll for my project but work keeps me on the road all the time. just thinking about my lovely sitting all alone in the driveway is driving me nuts!

at the rate i'm at they'll have a 580zx on the road by the time i'm done :(

l_ce9208178de41872a18cf548abb7b380_thumb.jpg