HybridZ

R32 or R33

abes

I went to see this motor yesterday and the owner was telling me

that its an r33. I'm thinking 32 because of the yellow air temp sensor

and the power steering pump has 3 outlets..

I'm not sure so I need some of you guys that know to help me out.

Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-NISSAN-SKYLINE-GT-R-RB26DETT-240SX-SWAP-RB25-Trans_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQihZ008QQitemZ180208038319QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

it failed my r33 check scan... it's a r32.. not worry they are good engines. Keep in mind most people say that they are bad due to the short oil pump drive on the crankshaft. If you are planning to have under 500 hp and not rev'ing the engine over 8000 rpm, the crank shaft will do exactly what you need it to.

The motor does look pretty clean. He told me that I can bring a comp. guage

and we can check it out. As far as the leakdown goes I've never done one before.

Any Ideas???

A leak down gauge is needed (pick up a semi cheap one @ Summit or Jeggs) then all you need is a air compressor to use the gauge.

On a cold dry motor, you may not get good high numbers across the cylinders, but you should get pretty much consistant even numbers on a motor in good cond. You will also need to spin the motor (pull all the spark plugs), via the starter motor, so bring a good batt. and cables....

If you already knew this procedure, sorry to bore you with this... :)

there might be some crank collars available soon. I gave one to a fellow member to make copies of whenever he has the time. So if all goes well with his copy, you may be able to purchase one at a good price (not the 225 dollars JUN wants for theirs since they are "discontinued" or not available anymore).

I got mine off ebay for a fairly good price.

dont know if it matters, but id rather get a 33 motor. the crank on the 32 has a really short oil drive collar where as the 33/4 is a lot larger. but the 34 has a different cam angle sensor then the 33/2 and different ecu's.

The later R32 engines came with a crank that had a wider oil pump drive too. Nissan FAST gives the build date break but if buying a motor already out of the car, you likely won't have the original VIN# to check it.