HybridZ

18 and 0

Roostmonkey

...snip... They're just the NFL's "choosen" franchise.

My thought EXACTLY! Ever shince 9-11, it's almost as if there's a conspiracy.

Since 2001, they have had only 1 season where they won less than ten games, and won 3 superbowls. I think some sort of collusion has been happening.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/

Not getting political, but after the worst terrorist attack on US soil, in order for the good 'ol, beer drinkin', US to remain unified with positive morale is through the PATRIOTS having winning seasons!!!!

No?

Not getting political, but after the worst terrorist attack on US soil, in order for the good 'ol, beer drinkin', US to remain unified with positive morale is through the PATRIOTS having winning seasons!!!!

Maybe your on to something????

That would fit my thoughts of where the u.s. is going.

Disclaimer:Also not trying to be political.

Guest TeamNissan
High school football is the purest form of the sport.

I would agree if not for private/catholic HS's scouting kids out of grade school and luring them with scholarships. I would think rec football. If pure football even exists anymore......

As for the pats, and please don't respond to the follow examples. Its one hell of a coincidence but thats it. I mean its possible, its also possible JFK wasn't shot by aswald or 9/11 was a inside job to gain support for the war. Its been proven time and time again though that the easiest explanation is usually the correct one. People just seem to LOVE conspiracies.

True.

And as far as the whole cheating thing is concerned think of it this way:

Football is basically a small war (with a ball),which is why we all like it.People like violence/competition and rooting for one side due to a number of reasons whether reasonable or not.Soo..when a nations army is victorious in a war do we ever discredit the soldiers afterwards when you find out the general was sleeping with the enemy...no.Its no different here in this game-the pats didnt cheat they responded to orders based on the generals reconnaissance work,and they did it well,find it "moral" or not.No arguing there i hope.

So thinking of it this way,if the pats deserve an asterisk do the WWII veterans deserve an asterisk for defeat being by means of obliterating civilians?

Disclaimer:Its entirely possible that the above is crazy talk :wink:

Guest TeamNissan

Ok killing civilians is wrong, rule or not. People want to talk smack about nukes but we fire bombed/killed more civilians in japan alone then 10 Hiroshimas. That said the 4th Geneva convention referring to the ethical and fair treatment of civilians wasn't implemented until after VE/VJ day. So in that particular case no, I don't think WWII vets should get a asterisk. Pats however should and will lol.