HybridZ

Brake line Kit on ebay

Another bumb in the road!!!

So while replacing my struts, springs and bushings in the rear I checked out and discovered allot of the brake lines were rusty and There appears to be a small leak some where.

Is this a reasonable deal or is there cheaper kits out there? I searched and found that allot of you guys bend them your selves but Im working to much right now and dont have the time or the tools. Should I order this kit ? Seems like it would save allot of time!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-240Z-1973-STAINLESS-STEEL-BRAKE-LINES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33562QQihZ012QQitemZ220194573403QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I can tell you about this setup, as I was one of the first to purchase them. At that time, I had to wait for several months while they "ramped up" production. When they came, they were loosely crammed in a box, with the longer pieces bent to fit inside. The construction is nice, but the bends were not exactly the same, so you may have to tweak them to fit. The pieces definitely look good. That said, I have had persistent leaks at some of the fittings. I've worked at them, contacted Mike (owner of NOS motorsports) about the leaks and he basically blew me off.

So, all that said, just be careful.

Hope this helps.

Bryan

dat240zg

Yeah. After having bought the product, I'd have to agree. The only "caution" would be making certain that you have the correct fittings (correct thread pitch, tip shape, etc).

From what I'm gathering, the flare fittings used by Datsun are different enough from others with the same thread pitch that if you used them, they would still leak (Does that make sense?).

Maybe some of the guys that are more familiar with stock parts can chime in.

Bryan

I ran in the same problem a while ago. Do yourself a favor and search for copper-nickel on this website.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113494&highlight=copper-nickel

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=122496&highlight=copper-nickel

Will not rust, very very easy to bend. I have enough to make 1 Car, PM me if you are interested in a set. I bought too much !!

Dayz

P.S. Sorry, I didn't try to hijack your thread. I posted this more for the comparison with Stainless Steel, which is harder to bend and the need of a very good tool to make flare.

Here is what I have done...Very clean job I believe.

January212008043.jpg

January212008044.jpg

dat24zg,

I just sent you a PM if you have any questions you can contact me anytime. My direct email is mknos@att.net or you can phone me at 602-400-7725. Sorry if you had any issues. I have only had two people ask any questions on the lines after purchase and thought I had taken care of there issues. I is apparent this is not the case and I am sorry for that. Let me know what I can do.

Regards,

Mike

NOSMS

you could look at what classic tube has to offer. i did a quick search on their website for a 73 240z model. here's the link.

http://www.classictube.com/searchresults.asp

i worked with them last year and provided the following to update their database; series 1 & 2 240z, 280z both early and late models-all brake, fuel & vapor lines [even the short hard lines that are on the outboard end of the brake flex lines]. they have [pardon my technical ignorance] a scanner that pulls the x, y & z axis from the lines, converts it into some program, they then feed the info to a cnc bender, it makes the lines, they compare again with the scanner the new vs. old line and make any necessary corrections. all stainless but you can order them in a 'regular' steel line as well. in addition they carry braided flex lines for our z's as well. since they have the fuel line info they can make them to pretty much any diameter you specify.

hope this helps.