HybridZ

ouchie...broke a bone.

OlderThanMe

I was taking the torque converter off of my VH45 emgine and didn't know how much a torque converter weighed.

I was thinking 20 pounds...LOL

45Lb torque converter fell a foot and squished the long finger on my right hand. Went to the ER when the pain was getting worse and swelling bad.

Broke under the fingernail somewhere...

Now I have a splint on my right middle finger. LOL! Not good for driving in traffic!

Now the engine stuff is all over the garage and the Z is outside with a window stuck down...arg.

HAHAHAHAHA you have to be kidding me!!!

I (or more like my roommate) broke my middle finger on my left hand at the same place on Friday. The tip bone was broken all the way in half by his car door...

God that hurt... it happened when we got home after seeing Rambo on Friday, didn't get to go to my track day yesterday or finish installing my Recaro =(

Hope it heals fast, I have to see the hand surgeon in like a week.

Mario

PS how long were you in the ER for? it took them almost 5 hrs to see me. I was tired and in pain in the waiting room...

I was in and out of the ER in under 1.5 hours. Atlanta definitely has the best hospitals.

We had to drive 35 minutes to the hospital that we knew wasn't busy.

Track day while on meds is sort of a bad idea...lol

Left handing this mouse really stinks...lol. and eating left handed...

Ouch, I can almost relate. Saturday I smashed my left thumb while removing a wheel, and although the bone didn't break, my whole thumbnail turned blue/purple. I took a 1/16" drill bit and drilled a hole in the thumbnail yesterday so it would bleed out and relieve the pressure - it felt a little better, but damn it still hurts pretty bad. I can only imagine how it would feel if it was broken. :shock:

Thanks guys!

Hanns, This is why I'm going to use a flywheel instead...LOL

I learned from my jaw shattering wreck that a high protien and calcium diet can help the bone recover quicker.

Believe it or not "Ensure" is really good for you. It was my primary diet for 6 weeks when my jaws were tied together.

250 calories in 8 ounces of joy filled thick chocolate liquid...LOL. Now I sound crazy!