HybridZ

projects section suggestion

OlderThanMe

Edit our own or others posts?

He's talking about the Member's Projects section, where you list your car updates. Nobody can post but you.

I don't see your angle here. Ie. where is the problem that needs fixing?

He wants to be able to go back and edit old posts. The admins turned off this feature because of some abuse that occurred before I signed up here (don't know the whole story, just bits and pieces, not my place to bring it up). An unfortunate necessity I'm afraid. I wish it could be turned back on, but I understand the reasons it shouldn't/can't be.

Doc,

I'd like to be able to go back into my old posts and change things in my own project thread. Like T.R. said just above.

Thanks!

Dan

I like that idea too.

Just curious for the lack of ability to reply to other's threads, I mean I kinda like the way it's set-up now, and understand it keeps it possibly cleaner, but I'm just not used to not getting responce in project threads like this. I have noticed other people posting similar content threads in other forums. Maybe for the reason of getting feedback?

He's talking about the Member's Projects section, where you list your car updates. Nobody can post but you.

He wants to be able to go back and edit old posts. The admins turned off this feature because of some abuse that occurred before I signed up here (don't know the whole story, just bits and pieces, not my place to bring it up). An unfortunate necessity I'm afraid. I wish it could be turned back on, but I understand the reasons it shouldn't/can't be.

Specifically he states his or "others" posts. It's editing the "others" posts where problems arise.

I have noticed other people posting similar content threads in other forums. Maybe for the reason of getting feedback?

Yep...

I have a similar thread in the Misc. tech section that I still use occsionally to hear about ideas from other people on my setup.

The projects section was set up just for the point of having a clean thread where you can follow someone's progress and not have to wade through a bunch of "I like it" or "that's cool" posts to find out the content. Sort of like our own "cardomain" kind of thing...