HybridZ

from showing off to running like crap, what happend?

I'll bet you it is one of the thermo sensor connectors. I had the exact same thing happen to me. The problem was totally random, and eventually stranded me. Took a few days of trying absolutely everything before I discovered a short in the thermotime sensor.

this isnt qiute random, only after high revs

Guest TeamNissan
Trash the stock EFI and go to carbs... No more weirdness going on.

Or go to an aftermarket EFI.

I agree 100% and even on a shoe string budget its easily doable.

If you find it has come off and you want to put it back on make sure that the cam lobe is pointed upward like in the photo. It will take a little bit of work to get it back on as well as the very real posiblity of adding a little of your own blood to the oil. If you do not have a valve spring compressor that will work with the head on the engine the best way to put the rocker back on is to take two fairly large flat head screwdrivers, place the tips on either side of the spring retainer (make sure your lash pad is in place and facing the correct direction first) with the shafts coming back towards you on either side of the cam lobe. Using one hand to raise the backs of the screwdrivers and the cam as a pivot point to push the spring down carefuly put the tip of the rocker onto the lash pad and the back of the rocker over the pivot, now release the pressure on the screwdrivers and everything should be good.

It would also be a good idea at this time to check your valve lash on all your valves. Also if the screwdirvers just will not stay on the spring retainer go ahead and lower the pivot as far as you can and you may be able to put the rocker on without compressing the spring any but if you do that you absolutely have to reset your valve lash on at least that one.

Dragonfly

All good advice - I find that it is much easier to remove or install a rocker if you loosen the locknut on the lash adjuster and screw the adjuster down as far as it will go. Once you do that, only a very small amount of valve spring compression is generally needed to get the rocker on.

Also, if you don't find anything obvious with the valvetrain, you might want to check to see if you've fouled a plug or two.

EDIT: crap - didn't see that there was a second page of posts.

• 1 month later...

Well I figured this one out to, my message for hybridz today is this: "crappy breathers wont allow the any breathing... My cheapo breather got a film of oilish stuff on it and you couldnt even blow though it, I replaced it with the KN style breather and the issue never comes back, thanks for all the advice.