HybridZ

375HP Hyundai?

rudypoochris

I'm really excited about this car to be honest. I've never been much of a hyundai/kia fan until lately and now that they've gone so far up in quality I would almost be willing to put money on them being direct competitors with toyota/lexus in the future. My parents picked up a kia sorento not too long ago and when they told me I rolled my eyes and wondered why, but when I got into it I was really surprised at how nice it is. I definitely will be checking out my local hyundai dealer whenever it comes time to buy my next new car.

What im hearing from my Hyundai DPSM is the coupe will be very very close looking to the concept. But the coupe will not get a V8, and the sedan will only be an Automatic.

The whole thing behind this has been going back and forth. I've been following the genesis coupe for a while now and they've gone from saying that they'll offer a v8 & v6 to saying that they'll offer a turbo 4 & n/a 4 to saying that they'll offer a turbo 4 and v6. I think that it would be awesome to have a v8 in the sports model, but at the same time it will be aimed towards the tuner crowd and they want 4 bangers all day long. Either way I think that it will be a hit since it will be a new offering that looks great and will be rwd.

Sorry for the long post, have a 7up party:

:mparty:

Yes hyundai quality has been on the rise. the Santa Fe is a Consumer Report best buy for small SUVs.

As TeamNissan stated, it's only a matter of time befor these V8s (if offered) end up at your local junkyard/PnP. Buy the coupe, and wait for a transplant.

Im pretty certin the coupe will not have the V8. I have been woking for Hyundai for about 5 years now. So Ive got a pretty good idea whats going on. Also part of the reason Hyundai dosent open a "Lux" line is. 1 The cost by having to open new dealers, and 2 they want to be looked at as high quality all the way around. On top of all this Hyundai has a new CEO so look for more big changes to come.

I've also been following the coupe since I first got wind of it some time ago now. My conclusion is that as long as it's over or close to 300HP, and still RWD (which is guarenteed at this point) AND has a manual that sells in decent numbers, then I'll be very very pleased.

I havn't seen hyundai putting out more recalls than other people lately, and their products really DO seem to be improving steadily. Who knows, they might end up being at the top of the list for engine swap donors.

Bring us more RWD cars please. :D