HybridZ

Looking for a shop to do swap

Guest kcoke

I want to do an rb25det swap in my 71 240z and looking for a shop somewhere here in California anywhere in central or Northern California. I live 2 hours north of Sacramento. I dont have time to do the swap but I have the money. Anyone know of a good place?

call them back and ask them for a break-down...

I seriously wanna know how much I can charge people for that kinda stuff. LOL

I use email, saves me the time of writing down everything.

I'll be honest though, when I see 36k including engine and tranny vs. 4k if I supply said engine and tranny, I think I'd take the extra time and money to drive down to SoCal to get the cheaper install

why not just do it yourself? :-)

Cause since it is also my DD (well, my ONLY car) I don't have the time to do a good job myself. Also, I need it to work the right time ;).

Plus, I don't have an engine crane or the room to do the swap (4 college students all with cars tend to take all the space that you could park a car to jack it up then work on it).

Cause since it is also my DD (well, my ONLY car) I don't have the time to do a good job myself. Also, I need it to work the right time ;).

Plus, I don't have an engine crane or the room to do the swap (4 college students all with cars tend to take all the space that you could park a car to jack it up then work on it).

yeah i take for granted having the stuff to do it myself. only thing i don't do is weld i have not learned yet

i have a buddy who fabs stuff for me :mrgreen:

Go talk with Rob at Zcargarage in San Jose. He owns one and he is currently building at least 2 more - one of them is mine - he knows what it takes to do it right. Believe you me there is a lot of crap out there - the good stuff is hard to find.

already talked to him, he said he wasn't taking any more until he finished his current projects that he was behind on, and he didn't know how much a 26 would cost until he built it, since it had been awhile.