HybridZ

Venom injector scam

stony

Go here and read thru this if you are planning on buying a set of venom injectors.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393612

I personally bought a set and sold them to get a set of new HKS injectors. I recommended that the guy i sold them to have them flow checked before using them. Well they were wacked....

Dont buy injectors from TLF performance on ebay they are crap.

I did business with TLF on ebay about 1.5 years ago. His service was nothing short of excellent. This guy must have really pissed him off. 11 months into the 12 month warranty I contacted him that I had a bunk injector. My car was running like trash and they had just been put on.

He let me send back the entire set, no questions asked, for a new set. The turnaround on the arrival of my old ones at his shop and my new ones going back to me was same day. He even payed to ship them to me.

NOW, that brings me to my next statement. These injectors are VERY shaky. I purchased 550cc injectors. Interestingly enough, this topic came up about 2 hours after I spoke to Deatchwerks (sp).

My injectors are there and were flow tested. Four were within acceptable standards, two were 11% low! Now they have been on my car for quite some time so this could be dirt. They are cleaning them and will call with an update on friday to let me know if they are going to be okay....

BTW, they flowed out more like 635cc if memory serves.

Evan

If they are still way off after cleaning, I will sell the good set of 4 to an SR guy or something and buy a different set of injectors. If they are okay after cleaning, I will know that dirt was the culprit.

Did you read the entire 7 pages??? there are more then just one guy that got bad injectors... And the fact of the matter is he advertises new flow matched injectors and what you actually get is re, re, refurbed bored injectors that usually dont even come with flow sheets.

If you had good luck cool... but anyone looking to buy from him beware.

BTW here are the readings on my injectors

they were supposed to be 1000cc

#1 928

#2 976

#3 728

#4 944

#5 1088

#6 696

This in a stock motor may be ok but in a high booste application this is death!!!! that #6 injector would have surely burnt a piston.

Again just a warning out there for anyone that has purchased or who is thinking about purchasing used injectors from anyone. GET THEM FLOW CHECKED BEFORE USE!!!!!!

I want to say SARD and HKS sell ND injectors which are new. most others are just refurbed injectors. ... correct me if im wrong.

Not quite sure, but I think you may be right. There was a LOT of talk about PTE (precision turbo) injectors on the supra site so I looked them up on ebay. They are just as reasonable as the venom sets! Wish I woulda known that along time ago.

Evan

Well, PTE uses densos and deatchwerks (sp?) can get them too. They are brand new.

Venoms are officially garbage! Of the four that flowed close to the same number, one started freaking out on the test bench and fluctuated up to 50ccs on its own accord.

Of 6 injectors, I don't even have 4 to sell as a good set.

I will be going back to side feeds, ♥♥♥♥ canning these venoms, and selling my top feed rail I think.

Evan

Ill have flow numbers next week so you know exactly how bad they are.

I have a set of Venom 1000cc sidefeeds on my SR20DET, which are actually modified 740cc injectors. I sent them to Witch Hunter before using them, even though they are supposedly flow tested & balanced at the factory. One failed new right out the box. They've been working OK over the last year, but recently started giving me problems, running lean. They were within 11% across the board & the flow pattern sucked ass, but all flowed over 1000cc. Going to send them off one more time, then they're getting replaced with something that actually works.

I have a set of Venom 1000cc sidefeeds on my SR20DET, which are actually modified 740cc injectors. I sent them to Witch Hunter before using them, even though they are supposedly flow tested & balanced at the factory. One failed new right out the box. They've been working OK over the last year, but recently started giving me problems, running lean. They were within 11% across the board & the flow pattern sucked ass, but all flowed over 1000cc. Going to send them off one more time, then they're getting replaced with something that actually works.

Matt, that sounds EXACTLY like my experience! IMO just dump the venoms and get something different. No sense in paying for flow testing again if they are going to take another dump.

My gut instinct said not to trust them, I am glad I never attempted a really good tune with them.

Evan

• 2 months later...

Little update on this…. The folder ♥♥♥♥ finally called me back after many calls and emails about getting my refund for the fucked injectors he sold me a while back. He gave me a number to Phantom injection (used to be venom). Told me to ask for a guy named Bobby. Talked to this guy and he is oblivious to what the folderfuck is doing to the venom name and I explained my situation and referred him to Google “venom injector scam†and that he might be interested in what kind of business tom folder is conducting. He stated the head office will be very interested in this situation and he would look into it. The I asked him so what are you going to do about getting me a refund. He said sir I will work this today and get back to you ASAP.

More to come.