HybridZ

Bolt Sizes

TrumpetRhapsody

Well it's getting to the point where I need to bolt my transmission to the engine, and all of that into the car. Only problem is that I lack the hardware to do so. I've asked around some if anyone has spares, but they seem to be a precious commodity.

I've checked the service manual to no avail, and searching here proved pointless. You can imagine bolt, size, engine, tranny, etc didn't narrow it down much on here.

If no one has any to spare, can I at least get some sizes and specs that I can take to a hardware store to get what i need.

Like I said: engine to transmission, motor mounts, tranny mounts... any nuts and bolts needed to insert the engine and tranny into the car.

While searching I saw a couple of old threads asking similar questions go unanswered, hopefully mine won't have the same fate. I don't have the luxury of having a hardware store within 30min of my shop to go buy some bolts, test fit, then go back and buy the size that fits. I need a one time purchase run.

TIA

-Chris

That might not be bad as a last resort, but that's a little pricey for some bolts. I'd prefer to hit up a local hardware store to save on cash. I'm doing a budget build here. Thanks for the link though, I might hit that up if I run out of options.

Is there not a list of all the bolt sizes for each individual application somewhere?

hardware stores usually do not have the proper bolts.

I wondered about that.

Yeah I've seen that McMaster link before. I'll poke around there some. I was just hoping to be able to pick this stuff up locally. I suppose I do have two weeks to place an order and have it shipped though.

Yeah I tried searching along these lines but the results weren't terribly helpful, like I said. I need to work on using the google search feature more. It yielded a little more help.

I'm pretty sure the bolts are the same for all the Nissan trannys (could be blowing smoke though). I've got the B style 4spd.

I've got the length pegged I think. I measured 1.25in into the block, so add another .5in or so for the tranny lip. What I need are the metric sizes, diameter if you will. I'm also pretty sure the bolt grade is 7 (had 7 stamped into one of the motor mount bolts).

Thanks for the help. This is probably pretty pitiful of a request but I'm not having much luck finding what I need.

Search, this has been discussed before. Also, hardware stores usually do not have the proper bolts. Try here ---->

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Ace and True Vaue hardware stores do have the proper Class 10.9 (SAE Grade 8.8) bolts if you know what to look for. However, they do not carry some of the longer bolts that are necessary, such as the bell housing to block bolts.