HybridZ

Quality of MSA 240z Fiber Glass Bumpers?

JustinOlson

I just put one on my 280Z. I had to redo the mounts but I knew that going in. The fit is fine but I had to do a lot of filling and there are bonding marks at the curves that need to be addressed if you want them to be smooth. Overall I was satisfied. Now my front bumper I got a few year ago from Show Cars sucked, took major work to get in decent enough to use.

mopar69, I was totally bummed when I saw your bumpers for sale since I had just got mine. Story of my life, LOL.

FYI, though he doesn't advertise them, John Washington of www.reactionresearch.com also sells fiberglass 240 bumpers.

John's quality, both his parts and his service, are well known here.

Quick Q for you: Not a fan of his whole Subtle Z kit, but like the front air dam, as it looks like the MSA one. Will that bolt onto a stock bodied Z? I'm really tempted to pick that front end up.

Yup. Guess who (see post above:wink:). I've held them in my hands and I can tell you they are of superior quality.

I second John Washington's quality parts. I have the Subtle Z hood and it is a quality piece for sure. I would consider him first for a complete "kit" over other providers.

Davy

Oh I meant individual as in a front bumper by itself for a stock bodied z. Not designed to go with a whole wider kit.

He does! Email him.

Smog, you're near Sacramento? I have one of his 240Z stock type fiberglass front bumpers sitting in my garage. I'm about an hour south of Sac. It's brand new. I'll sell it to you at Johns price. You can save the cost of shipping if you want to come by and pick it up.

Dan

I'm an hour north of Sac hahaha so it'd be 2 hours away. I'll pick it up though for sure if it's as nice as people say his pieces are. Just waiting on my tax return :(

edit: Hey if you have ANY time at all could you please take a picture from the front of the bumper? All the pictures on his site are kinda to the side so I'm not 100% sure exactly what it looks like.