HybridZ

1974 240z???

stony

I was under the impression that in 1974 the 260 started.

Well here is my question... i found a good running (maybe parts car) 240z. The title says it's a 74 the car has all the badges for the 240. I’m going to look at the car this weekend. Is there a chance of a late production 240 that was actually built in 1974???

From what I have seen, or read there were years where more than one model was made, such as '74 there was the 240 and 260. I also see a difference between "early 260" made up to 74.5 as I see people post, and then the "late '74 260". The early 260 has the front lights more like the 240, the late '74 260 has the front lights like the 280.

From what I have seen, or read there were years where more than one model was made, such as '74 there was the 240 and 260. I also see a difference between "early 260" made up to 74.5 as I see people post, and then the "late '74 260". The early 260 has the front lights more like the 240, the late '74 260 has the front lights like the 280.

also a difference in bumper size, between early and late that is

Production of the 74 260z started in august or september of 73 so there is no 74 240z.

The early production 260 had small bumpers like the 240 also is the 2nd rarest production of the Z car 9 months, the rarest being the late year 74, 3 months. From memory please do not quote me.

that's US delivery

European 260Z ran about 5 years.

Any no kiding in writing references. The guy is reading the title to me and it reads 1974 240z. Either the tirle is wrong or they made 240z in 74 :hs:

www.zhome.com has a lot of information on the early S30. I did find on there last night, that there was a slight overlap of the 240 and 260, of about a month. It also has known highest VIN number for a 240.

Ok confusion sorted out. Seems my black car is not a 240 like I thought it’s a 260. So YEAAAAA!!!! My doors off the red car will work. Now all I need is a wiper motor setup and I will be legal for king of the street here in Alaska

Not if the black 240 was actually a 240. My red one is a late model 260 and has different strikers. the black one is also a late 260 with the same strikers. Just never took the time to look since i thought my black car was a 240:bonk:

HMMMMM i read and searched and thought i understood that the late model 260 door strikers were different then the early 260's and 240's??? well i have 2 260s and a 240 and the doors are all the same :>

oh well