HybridZ

Looking for a lost love. Please read.

That car, the red one that you're looking for, not that locomotive looking silver one, looks ALOT like one that I worked on down in Metairie, LA back in 1983...the owner was from someplace in GA and he drove it down to me to put a set of 72 240 roundtops on it. It was a 74 260 with the old water jacketed flattops on it and I had a set of brand spanking new roundtops. He didn't know how to balance the carbs and I did, so he brought it to me to do the install. I specifically remember the car because of the whaletail and the guy because he had a little green parakeet that rode on the rear view mirror.

If you found ANY evidence of bird poop down by the shifter, that would be the same car. Unfortunately, I never heard back from the guy after I put the carbs on it, so I can't help you with that part, but it would be very interesting if it was in fact the same car.

Warren

That car, the red one that you're looking for, not that locomotive looking silver one, looks ALOT like one that I worked on down in Metairie, LA back in 1983...the owner was from someplace in GA and he drove it down to me to put a set of 72 240 roundtops on it. It was a 74 260 with the old water jacketed flattops on it and I had a set of brand spanking new roundtops. He didn't know how to balance the carbs and I did, so he brought it to me to do the install. I specifically remember the car because of the whaletail and the guy because he had a little green parakeet that rode on the rear view mirror.

If you found ANY evidence of bird poop down by the shifter, that would be the same car. Unfortunately, I never heard back from the guy after I put the carbs on it, so I can't help you with that part, but it would be very interesting if it was in fact the same car.

Warren

Thanks Warren,

When I sold the car, it had a Cartec Holly 4-bbl kit. I still have the old flat-tops somewhere. Did you notice if the car had a cable release for the rear deck? Do you remember?

Nope, when it left me, it had brand new round tops on it...no clue about the hatch release. Sorry. It looked familiar, but it's obviously not the same car. Woulda been neat if it were though.

I kinda feel the same way about my old 74 260. I had a blue one with the white side stripes, NICE, sold it in 1984 to somebody off of Shallowford Road, in Marietta. Kick myself every time I see the ONE picture I have of it. Oh well, I like my current 82ZXT better now.

When I purchased it (in the early 80's) it was gold with black interior and stock wheel covers. I added the wheels pictured and later did a full repaint to the Porsche india red shown. I believe that I sold it in the early 90's and I last saw it in a parking deck in Buckhead. I replaced it with a fwd Maxima and an Isuzu Trooper. :twak: