HybridZ

Phoenix, LA, San Diego, Tucson...things to check out

Sparky

I will of course be joining you guys at Pavillions. Unfortunately, the Skyline will not be there. As of last Thursday it has been sold. In fact it is being picked up for transport to it's new owner in Utah today. Don't worry, I will only be without a toy for a couple of weeks. I have already purchased a new project and will pick it up next month. You guys are going to love it.

Brian

Damn Brian why wont you hold onto anything? Get timmy out there too.

p.s. Is this a new vehicle by any chance or is it another project? *cough*GTR

True, anyone of us is willing to pick you up.

Well, except "Dr Evil"......he took his passenger seat out.

l_b1af982ae5d49bb78740910f36ea206d.jpg

I just pictured myself in a "Deathproof" type scene...errr

It will be good to put some faces to the names I see on here regularly, once I get some more info wednesday night I will post it up here and we can get a bit more organized. How is the public transportation in Phoenix?

I'm about 30 min from Manhattan Beach, no Z in the area myself but, Armand from here might be willing to get together from the same area if anyone else is wanting or willing to set something up.

Tyson

Very cool, I'll be sure to keep everyone informed.

I guess if alot of Z car guys are heading to the pavs this weekend, I can get my Twin Turbo car out there, finishing up the Z32 swap now.

That would be cool, would love to see the franken Zed...

I am not sure you can use those together in a sentence.

I figured as much, just hopeful thats all. It's not like Phoenix is dense enough to really support good pubic transportation, Just like here with 2 million people, it's so spread out that public transport is ineffective/inefficient.

perhaps someday sprawl won't be king and re-densification of urban centers will give good case to public transport. If current trends in urban growth are any indication we might see such a thing happen in the next 50 years.

Public Transportation + Phoenix? I am not sure you can use those together in a sentence.

It must be something like San Diego... we have busses and a trolley system as long as you have all day, and don't mind a tour of some of the less desireable neighborhoods.

Dragonfly

It must be something like San Diego... we have busses and a trolley system as long as you have all day, and don't mind a tour of some of the less desireable neighborhoods.

Dragonfly

ehh...it's more like, if you need to take the bus, just make sure you only need to take ONE bus, because figuring out where to go to transfer, is a PAIN. i'm lucky in that everything I need to go to, I can take one bus and a short bike ride.

Well, I have the schedule half figured out, I don't even know why I bother sometimes, I know things are just going to get changed around in the last minute. I'm going to try to be free around 7-8pm saturday night so I can check out the show...how late do people normally stay out there?

I'm going to leave it posted for the next day or two, hope to see you's guy's tomorrow night!

Edited by DavyZ
request

Well that was way too brief! Sorry I wasn't able to stay long, the group I was with and myself ended up going to a place called Long Wang's and then they wanted to go off to find Phoenix night life so I was outnumber 6-1. I was impressed with the quality and sheer numbers of the cars that were out tonight, very nice!

Thanks to everyone I met, I will be back through Phoenix one day, and we will have to do this proper!

I did get to briefly check out the twin cam car, very impressive, I don't know what I was initially expecting but from what I saw the "engineering" work is top notch

I'm bummed that things went the way they did and wish I could have stuck around longer, but at least I made it out.

Tomorrow Lompoc.

Well,

I'm currently in San Diego, winding down from a long day. Heading to Tucson tomorrow and then back up to Phoenix to catch my flight out. If anyone of you Tucson Z'rs end up going out just give me a call that afternoon/evening. I think I should be getting into town around 4pm. I have a few things I need to do once I get there but should be totally free around 8 or 9pm.

only two days left in this trip, then its off to Mexico a few days after I get back!