HybridZ

Lightweight flywheel choices.

MazterDizazter

I hear what you guys are saying.

I was concerned at first too. And like I said. It may fly apart tomorrow. So far so good.

I was just figuring that road racing with the continuous abuse would be pretty hard on it.

I have drag raced it about 25 times and turned times between 6.2-6.8 in the 1/8th.

I am going to leave it till I feel it needs attention or something happens.

I have around 3500 Hard miles on it so far.

I hadn't seen that vid before.

However I have seen a few rotories blow the flywheel. Seems to be somewhat comon on them.

Maybe if he were running a Z flywheel I would be more concerned.

okay so i'm also in need of a decent flywheel, and right now i have a stock 280zxt clutch in my garage but NOBODY down here in the panhandle has a turbo flywheel so i'm looking at the EBAY UNIT but i'm not sure if the fidanza they sell is worth a damn.. i mean have any of you guys tried it out?

I had a Fidanza flywheel in my old n/a MR2 and I loved it. The engine revved so much more freely. I drove it back-to-back with my new stock MR2 and there really is a difference; I almost want something to go wrong so I'll have to pull my engine/tranny and install it in my new MR2. I should have my Z running within a month, so I hope the results are similar with the new Fidanza flywheel.

yea if you look for my post....i just bought the ebay unit (the fidanza) and it works amazingly i can tell when going on the highway about 70 no need to downshift to 4th to get into the power, just leave it in 5th and press the pedal....and like he said free revs are amazing u bump it 2 or 3 times and the tach cant keep up it just flops all over...best 300 ive spent on this build so far and the great thing is that they are 240mm and only 10.5lbs and they DO work with a 240 or a 225 clutch (im running the 240fidanzafly with a 225 c/f dual friction clutch and it grabs and goooess

• 6 months later...
has anyone tried using the KA24 flywheel?

I bought an F1 Brand S13 11.5 lbs flyhweel on ebay that came with a 240sx stock clutch [exedy] for 280 shipped - it bolts straight to the L28 and has worked wonderfully after driving on it for several hundred miles. I know this is pretty much only useful for low horsepower applications [its a 225mm] but its going great for my car so far.

• 6 years later...