HybridZ

Post up your wheel designs!!!

Well I made these up in SolidWorks today...

Just a quickie for the overall design so they aren't done yet.

They are 17X11 with 5" of backspacing. The lugs are 5 on 4.5 to fit most 5 lug Nissans...

b134713615.jpg

b134713612.jpg

b134713606.jpg

Lets see your designs! Be they on a greasy nasty napkin with brown lipstick on them or completed CAD designs!

OTM

well, i guess solid works hates me. when i use the "save as" and try to save it as a .jpg it doesnt list .jpg as a file type. :(

i fugured out how to copy and paste the pic into microsoft work, but thats about it.

i beleve that im also using the same version as you OTM. im real good friends with the cad teacher at my high school and she gave me the trial disk to upload to my computer.

Fortunately I made a wheel paper for my manufacturing process class in where I designed a 17x10 or 17x11 wheel I like quite a lot... Don't ask me about the stress analysis. I never ran it and I am too afraid to.

I was working on a turbine shaped wheel, but never finished... maybe I will finish it.

Just added 17x10 turbine. If only some one would or could make it. :)

A_thumb.jpg

B_thumb.jpg

C_thumb.jpg

D_thumb.jpg

Rimhalves_thumb.jpg

Turbine Center 2_thumb.jpg

Turbine Center_thumb.jpg

Turbine_thumb.jpg

Turbine2_thumb.jpg

Turbine3_thumb.jpg

Fortunately I made a wheel paper for my manufacturing process class in where I designed a 17x10 or 17x11 wheel I like quite a lot... Don't ask me about the stress analysis. I never ran it and I am too afraid to.

I was working on a turbine shaped wheel, but never finished... maybe I will finish it.

Just added 17x10 turbine. If only some one would or could make it. :)

That is awsomoe Man! What CAD program did you use? (looks like my Inventor background)

New design, 18 fins instead of ~30. Deformation with 2500lb load applied vertically, slightly offset to front. Wheel is 17x11 weighs ~25lbs out of 6061 AL, haven't tried any weight reduction ideas yet, mainly because this wheel would be pretty much impossible to build for less than 98432894084 dollars.

This is mainly just to show the pretty colors I can make btw.

EDIT: Second and third pictures are equivalent stress and deformation for a 2500lb car undergoing an 8g later loading (I guess this would be impossible or very instantaneous) plus the 2500lb vertical load (4 times the static vertical load).

center_thumb.jpg

EQstress_thumb.jpg

EQDEF_thumb.jpg

Its nice though! I can't express how hard it was to learn how to make the turbines in inventor. I can do it now, more easily, but it still isn't that great.

You could use the Coil feature if the profile is constant, otherwise use Loft for the "through curves".

As for the loading, I loaded mine like "shock loading" taking off in the 1/4 mile.

LOL! So no problems with the ANSYS FEA in Inventor? Guess who is (pretty much) the sole QA Engineer for that program?? :rolleyes:

Have you tried Dynamic Simulation yet? It is a really powerful tool, but a really steep learning curve with regard to the UI.

Sorry for the off-topic Boost Man Dan....

Well I made these up in SolidWorks today...

Just a quickie for the overall design so they aren't done yet.

They are 17X11 with 5" of backspacing. The lugs are 5 on 4.5 to fit most 5 lug Nissans...

b134713615.jpg

b134713612.jpg

b134713606.jpg

Lets see your designs! Be they on a greasy nasty napkin with brown lipstick on them or completed CAD designs!

OTM

Reminds me of the wheels that are on the new Nismo tuned Z's

i think theyd look pretty cool on S30's, nice design work :cool: