HybridZ

Post up your wheel designs!!!

Not sure how much tire install experience you have, but you have no drop center on that wheel. It would be VERY difficult to get tires on that rim in real life. You need a spot to push the tire away from the bead seating lip so that it can stretch onto the rim. Sorry if I'm injecting too much reality here, you might be more concerned with the spokes and the look of the wheel.

Wow!

Didn't even know about PhotoWorks!

Check it out... Glass spokes on my wheel with polished platinum rim and center(LOL).

b134848760.jpg

I don't know how to use coil and loft yet (mainly because I have felt that my time is better spent learning solidworks...). I just haven't gotten into it. I will draw up something nice now... :)

Ouch! hehe...:eek2::D (sorry I'm biased)

Dan, you sure picked up the photoworks fast!! Do you guys get CosmosWorks student edition easily? We could do some CFD on our designs too. :wink:

Well most people tell me Solidworks is superior. In my opinion though I want something math based using cartesian coordinates. No one really seems to offer that from what I have seen. IE. I want AutoCAD with a real 3D solid modeling engine. Pretty shapes are cute, but I want exact measurements and space where I can pin point locations. Oh, and a command line so I don't waste my time.

Not sure how much tire install experience you have, but you have no drop center on that wheel. It would be VERY difficult to get tires on that rim in real life. You need a spot to push the tire away from the bead seating lip so that it can stretch onto the rim. Sorry if I'm injecting too much reality here, you might be more concerned with the spokes and the look of the wheel.

Yes I know. I just did the rim to see if I liked the spoke design. I'd go back and do a real rim later.

Dan

Dan, you sure picked up the photoworks fast!! Do you guys get CosmosWorks student edition easily? We could do some CFD on our designs too. :wink:

Yes I catch on pretty quick with CAD.

I have Cosmos bundled with SolidWorks(extra ~$30) but never got CosmosWorks installed properly. Something with the license is causing my error. I'm going to work on it next week.

• 2 weeks later...