HybridZ

Wide ZG-flares - where can I get them?

mull

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 280ZForce
What about a wide set for the front as well?

the original front flares that came w/ these wide rears is actually smaller than the MSA/Classic Datsun front ZGs, so we are not going to mess w/ them. We are not in competition with these companies so we ask that you purchase just the front flares from them. And if you call them, they will sell you just fronts if you ask.

Thanks - J

Guest 280ZForce
might be a lame question but will these fit a s130?

Yes, they will fit an s130 just like the normal ZGs will, you apply pressure to them to arch around the fender well just like normal ones.

Guest 280ZForce

We are still working on the 1st set due to limited time and all the projects we have goin on my car and his volvo 740 turbo wagon. But we are gonna try to accomplish the 1st set hopefully this weekend.

I don't see what the big deal is here.

it's obvious that if the two flares are made from two different molds, they will more than likely be two different flares.

Time will tell who makes the better flare, and that only means sales for the better production. In the end, even though we have a brother-ship amongst us here, the better flare will eventually be the only one bought by our kin, mainly due to pictures of both surfacing on this forum.

Adding another option is not a bad thing. This thread was in regards to options, so if it's options someone wants, it's options someone will get.

There are plenty of big brake kits, plenty of control arm setups, plenty of everything. People will buy what they see and like.

280Zforce, you have 16 orders locked. Montezuma so far has none. And when either flare is produced and sold, I'm willing to bet you will have a smile on your face when someone says "I'm saving up money to buy 280Zforce's flares over Montezumas", if he ends up undercutting the price and/or quality. And to be honest, if Montezuma's flares end up being better in both aspects, trust me... we won't complain.

That's something both of you guys have to work out on your own if you want them to sell to anyone. Quality vs. Price. I'm sure you'll both do fine.

It's fair game, untapped market share. If someone wants to sell RB30's, then they can sell RB30's. It's sorta my fault for not getting them quick enough if people want them fast.

Nothing personal, I'm just calling it as I see it!

i may not speak for all of us, but i bet more than one. I want a set of wide zg flares that dont require a crap load of work to make fit. if the price is right, and the fit is ok.. ill buy whichever shows up first. i dont care whose kids im feeding, i want to fit my big ass rear wheels underneath my car and thats all i care about. there are plenty of threads where people offer more than one solution, no different here. "hey, where can i get a mount for X engine" and the thread will be filled with shop names and vendors. welcome to free market. i say no foul, someone just make these available.

I will buy which ever of the two provide the best combination of price, finish, and availability. I am of the opinion that the original poster was indeed looking for options. I do not believe this thread has turned into any specific persons property. This is an open forum - not the venders forum. I would think that both of you could easily start your own threads in the vendors forum and go from there.

I am of the opinion that neither of you should have anything to worry about unless you were planning to overcharge. There is plenty of room for multiple sellers, but ultimately the buyers will tend to gravitate towards the better, available, affordable product. To me it sounds like such a push to have a monopoly is an indication that a substandard product, or an over priced piece, is trying to be sold. Now I know this is not the case, so I think we can probably all get a long and try and make a good product. :)