HybridZ

LQ4 280Z Not Starting!! Vids!!

Figured I would start a thread to get more responses..

th_DSCN0562.jpg

I dont have an alternator, or a MAP sensor as of right now.. but the engine should still be starting. I have a MSD fuel pump that I hardwired to make sure it was getting adequate fuel pressure and that made no difference at all.

Anyone have any ideas? VATS is 100% for sure off.

1st rule for starting any engine is make sure "everything" is hooked up properly. What ems are you using?

From the looks of your vid, it looks like your waiting for it to burst into flames? If you have fuel issues I would fix that before starting or powering up anything...

Let me ask you this...

Would you put $9,000 into a project, just to see it burst into flames the first time you try to start it? I had been working around fuel all day and it was open header at the time. It would be nothing but foolish to not have any type of fire depressant around.

But, I have heard of a couple of people who "disable" Vats, but still need a VATS bypass box to make it run. I think im going to try this next. I have verified that it will run without a MAP sensor.

From the picture I see you have the fuel line going from the old fuel line to the fuel rail. Where is your fuel pressure regulator? If you have a FPR connected somewhere then I suggest you to hook up the fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and verify it. Have you verify that you have sparks while cranking the car? How do you wire your fuel pump? Double check on the main power source for the fuel pump relay. When in doubt I always connect the power source for the fuel pump relay directly to 12V constant. I've made a mistake on Clive's car and tried to hook the power for the PCM and the fuel pump to the ignition source and it wasn't on during cranking. This will give the no start condition but when you turn the key to RUN it powered up the fuel pump and the PCM just like it should. GL.

the motors need varing fuel pressure to run unless you have return lines and a regulator.

you have 3 things to make a motor run.. fuel, spark and compression. you verify that you have the RIGHT fuel presure at the rail, injectors firing? getting spark? is it on time? there are tons of things you need to check... first one is to put a MAP sensor in the car, thats probably the main reason why its not running, car will run without a MAF, but not without a MAP

Well it wouldn't fire without spark...

Im pretty sure it was getting enough fuel pressure considering I was running a MSD inline pump, just until MY walbro 255 gets here, along with the FPR.

I have verified that a LS1 will start and run without a MAP sensor.

Ive heard of a few cases where people taking the VATS system off of the cpu and them still acting exactly like they had VATS, they had to buy a VATS bypass box and thats another thing that I ordered today, along with that fuel pump and FPR. Ive been laid off and haven't been able to get this stuff yet, and was just wanting to hear the car start.

Well it wouldn't fire without spark...

Im pretty sure it was getting enough fuel pressure considering I was running a MSD inline pump, just until MY walbro 255 gets here, along with the FPR.

I have verified that a LS1 will start and run without a MAP sensor.

Ive heard of a few cases where people taking the VATS system off of the cpu and them still acting exactly like they had VATS, they had to buy a VATS bypass box and thats another thing that I ordered today, along with that fuel pump and FPR. Ive been laid off and haven't been able to get this stuff yet, and was just wanting to hear the car start.

How do you know you have enough fuel pressure if you don't have a FPR and the fuel pressure gauge? Unless you pinched the return line. Go to your auto part store and get a 99 and up C5 fuel filter/regulator and put it in. That will get your motor running. Have you been following the other post at the bottom from 73240Z?.