HybridZ

Autometer Gauges

MazterDizazter

I searched, I searched! I couldn't figure out exactly what type of gauges I need. I know I need 5" for the speedo and tach and 2 5/8" for the cluster, and I am leaning towards either Pro-comp or Ultra-lite, but I don't know if I need mechanical, liquid-filled mechanical, electric short sweep or electric full sweep for which gauges. I'll be running an L28ET in my '73 240Z. I want fuel level, oil pressure, water temp, oil temp, voltage, and boost, and maybe fuel pressure in addition to the tach and speedo

You can get fuel in both electric or liquid. If you get electric, it can be in the car with you, otherwise it will have to be in the engine compartment. Or outside where you can see it from the windshield.

Electric is very expensive though.

You ca

7 gauges, and 3 holes to put them in... where are you gonna mount the other 4? I like the Pro-comp, liquid filled mechanical, full sweep. Ive used them before and they are very nice gauges. Electric is convienent for temp gauges, and obviously for fuel level.

You can use fuel pressure gauge inside car,only the gauge is in the car,sender unit stays in engine bay. It has some sort of diapham with fuel on one side and non flammable liquid on gauge side,jegs has it.I like mechanical gauges for water temp and oil pressure,if you use the braided steel line on the oil pressure you get instant needle movement with changes in rpm.very cool when you jazz the throttle.

I have All Autometer Liquid filled Pro Comp mechanical.

They are nice but I have had 2 of the leak some fluid out of them.

Also My Boost/Vac gauge has a screw on top to relieve internal psi, due to heat or altitude changes. Anyway. It is inacurate when it needs the psi bled off. No worries I monitor my Greddy boost controller digital display.

Also had a capilary tube brake on my water gauge rendering it useless. Had to replace it.

Next time. Electric Full Sweep for me.

So it's all a matter of choice then for the most part? cjames, I plan on mounting the tach and speedo in the stock locations, then boost, oil pressure, and water temp in the cluster, then fuel level, oil temp, and voltage will be mounted either where the heater controls used to be, or I will make a custom fusebox cover with the gauges in them.