HybridZ

Upholstery Shocker #2 (General Wanabe Story)

BillZ260

So I'm at the Upholstery shop getting my quote, the manager guy likes the Z and is giving me mostly praise about how clean the install was. He didn't like my remote oil filler hoses, and mentioned I should get some made. Oh well.

Anyway, this other guy comes out, doesn't work there but seems to be a car runner or knows someone at the shop, he has another shops mechanics shirt on. So he comes out and is checking the car out and asking lots of questions, seems to know a bit about HybridZ's, and I'm like cool. He's got a 72 240 he's wanting to drop a LT1 into. Cool.

Then, he starts jabbering. and making comments that kind of erked me. Comments that were supposed to portray how much HE knew about SBC Z's, and all the while he's asking questions about every little thing I had put on the car. Making it perfectly clear he know's 0 about the swap. I start to realize he's at least half full of it, but I'm ok with it, he has a Z and is just a chatty guy.

So, he runs off to get another shop guy to see my car, so I wait around. The manager guy say's, referring to the lug, "He'll talk your ear off".

Guy comes running back out with his buddy, asking me to start it up and starts talking about this black super charged LT1 240 he used to own that had like 650 hp, "you know the one on all the 'such and such website' videos"

I was like, WHA? I know you didn't just try to pass off Darius's Z as your own! What a doof. At lease I know where NOT to take my car if I need services that his company offers.

So, I'm like, I need to get out of here SOON. I get in rev it a little so they can giggle and as I'm backing out, he has some words to live by for me...

"Drive it like you stole it, it's what I do!"

No moral, just had to tell the story...

I would have busted him right there! LOL I don't put up with BS, especially when it comes to cars! Must have been hard not to say "oh your Darius? How's the new body, wheels, and supercharger treating you...?" He would have been dumbfounded! LOL

Guy