HybridZ

RB Swap Kits

rigez

Did I search but couldn't find anything referencing anyone or any company that sell rb swap kits. Partial or Full...not having to do it from scratch is always easier.

Does anybody have any leads? If so comments on the quality is helpful also.

going through mckinney is a very expensive way to get it in the car...your looking at over 3500 if you are looking for the direct bolt in swap way through them, on top of that, there is the motor and transmission

If a person does not have access to a welder or does not have fabrication skills, the Mckinney kits look good for the quality and price.

yeah i emailed mckinney motorsports about Z31 stuff and they said it is currently in the works for those with Z31's

email them more so they hurry up :-)

My question is why? Nissan made a Z31 with an RB in it - this is where most get the rear sump from so just pickup the engine mounts etc from Nissan = factory parts could not be easier could it not?

My question is why? Nissan made a Z31 with an RB in it - this is where most get the rear sump from so just pickup the engine mounts etc from Nissan = factory parts could not be easier could it not?

Therein lies the problem. No US destined car was RHD... No US car had a RB... No US 200zr. Not many 200ZR's were made. Finding parts for one is like a needle in a haystack. If you can find all of the parts to do the swap, you must be rich and have a lot of time on your hands. I found most of the parts to do the swap, however the lowest used price front crossmember I found was 600 USD! Then you would have to find the 200ZR engine mount brackets, NLA from nissan. 200 used from a wrecked car. Almost all parts from the 200zr have been long since discontinued. It was easier to make parts for the swap, than to find existing parts.

How many 200zr's have you seen? I am not trying to be a smarta**, I really wonder. But if you can source these parts, pm me!

Did I search but couldn't find anything referencing anyone or any company that sell rb swap kits. Partial or Full...not having to do it from scratch is always easier.

Does anybody have any leads? If so comments on the quality is helpful also.

LOOK in the F/S section there is a member selling a running swapped rb26 240.... i'd go that route. screw trying to find anything junp on teh car that is allready complete. 7k for a running a rb26 swapped car is an outstanding deal.

LOOK in the F/S section there is a member selling a running swapped rb26 240.... i'd go that route. screw trying to find anything junp on teh car that is allready complete. 7k for a running a rb26 swapped car is an outstanding deal.

He says that price is with out the car... drive train only. http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=868299&postcount=8

I saw that post....unfortunately I want to go the rb25 route. I'd rather not have to pay for the shipping cost from the east coast to west coast. Plenty of resources for parts out here in cali.

Thanks though.

He says that price is with out the car... drive train only. http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=868299&postcount=8

I hope Mack at mckinney can provide a few things for us Z31'ers... I dealt with him off an on about my swap. He has a great understanding of rb's and information. There isnt much of a market for z31's though, most of us are poor and or cheap.

or both :D

just motor mounts would be nice i think more people woudl do the swap if you did not have to modify the cross member. i know alot of honda engine swaps got popular after the mount kit was available

Rick's engine brackets are very good..

However, WE went for a little different position of the motor (AS low and far back as possible).and our kit includes engine brackes, engine poly mounts, trans crossmember and trans poly mount so it a true complete kit.. you do not need to source engine mounts and make your own trans crossmember. There are different trans crossmembers for different years so we need to know what year you have.. We also offer custom : intercooler kit, radiator, down pipe, throttle cable kit, FULL 3" exhaust system, gaskets, water pumps and after market parts for the RB motors and wiring service ..