HybridZ

vg30dett v's vg30det heads

perana

what diffrence can be expected from a head swap on a motor(z32 vg30dett) with big turbo's,big cams,high boost and a ported modified intake ? if any. i'm trying to find the exact make up of drag engine build in japan.thanks

Link to Jap drag engine site?

The difference would largely depend on what mods were done, there is not a great deal of difference between the two heads standard.

yo,i dont have a link to a drag site i have the engine.car shop fort racing was the company that build it. i have found out more or less what this engine is all about. still dont know much about the ecu.thanx for your response.

So what are the details of this engine? Any decent aftermarket ECU would do, preferably one that does sequential injection like a MoTec M600.

the engines fully build.greddy TDO6L2-20G,trust external gates,tomie procam(intake),hks282(exaust),sard 880cc injectors,tomie cam gears,fort racing tuned ecu and some kind of piggy back (looks like a fcon v pro but has no name on it).the motor was running 22psi but was leaking(the car has 2.5 bar boost gauge).its been geusstimated at around 1000bhp.oh and it has ported/modified intake with det heads.

stay with DETT head and intake plenum, those were specifically designed for that motor, one of the few engines Nissan actually engineered the intake and tested it before producing it. They designed it for high low end torque but without compromising much up top.

i would never bother building a vg or any six but i bought this engine.bought the whole car(crashed drag z32 from japan).those were the mods.

the engines fully build.greddy TDO6L2-20G,trust external gates,tomie procam(intake),hks282(exaust),sard 880cc injectors,tomie cam gears,fort racing tuned ecu and some kind of piggy back (looks like a fcon v pro but has no name on it).the motor was running 22psi but was leaking(the car has 2.5 bar boost gauge).its been geusstimated at around 1000bhp.oh and it has ported/modified intake with det heads.

Interesting, maybe the DET heads had a more suitable inlet tract angle or something for what they were doing, but who knows. If its doing 1000hp then lets hope that they are holding the crankshaft in place :)

Interesting, maybe the DET heads had a more suitable inlet tract angle or something for what they were doing, but who knows. If its doing 1000hp then lets hope that they are holding the crankshaft in place :)

i have no idea what they were doing.but the engine's fully build to take what ever it puts out. i took it to a rotory workshop and then to another performance shop for a second opinion. the guy there did some research this is what we came up with. the motor was build as a experiment or they know something that others dont.any way i'm glad its in good condition and fort racing knew how to build a vg30xxxx.theres another fort racing build car in ozzy and its still running after all theese years. its a vg30det cima and did 10sec back the day in japan.

yeah its good but way too agressive for what i want.i'm busy detuning it now,removing the det heads, dett upper intake and modified lower intake(needs a small weld was leaking)custom fuel rails sard 880cc injectors, custom stainless exaust manifolds,icebox.those things are for sale if you want.

Just a note on what fits to what. While the lower DETT plenum will bolt to DET heads the injector placement is different. So to be compatible either the heads or plenum would have to be modified, looks like a fair bit of work too.

yeah,it looks like they welded in the ports to change the shape of it.the intake has a large amount of welding and porting too.the company that built it(car shop fort racing) no longer around so i'll never know what they were thinking or what they knew that others dont.when i get it back i'll post some pics.cheers