HybridZ

RB26 with RB20 sump - no bottom mounting provision for gearbox

Mike Rowe

Hi can any one advise on what they have done when using the RB20 sump for the zed regards the gearbox bottom mounting bolts?

IE The standard RB26 4wd sump has provision for bolting the gearbox bottom bolts into the sump. When you fit the RB20 sump as required to clear the crossmember in the Z, this does not have the bolt holes at the back for the bottom gearbox bolts. I purchased the two side plates that bolt between the gearbox and the side of the RB20 & 25 block but the RB26 does not have the side block mounting points. Hence the RB25 gearbox can only bolt to the RB26 by the top bolts leaving the bottom unsecured. I am concerned this will allow movement between the motor and gearbox and the consequent problems?

Anyone got anu suggestions?

Hi can any one advise on what they have done when using the RB20 sump for the zed regards the gearbox bottom mounting bolts?

IE The standard RB26 4wd sump has provision for bolting the gearbox bottom bolts into the sump. When you fit the RB20 sump as required to clear the crossmember in the Z, this does not have the bolt holes at the back for the bottom gearbox bolts. I purchased the two side plates that bolt between the gearbox and the side of the RB20 & 25 block but the RB26 does not have the side block mounting points. Hence the RB25 gearbox can only bolt to the RB26 by the top bolts leaving the bottom unsecured. I am concerned this will allow movement between the motor and gearbox and the consequent problems?

Anyone got anu suggestions?

I forgot if you could tap the block or not for the bolt holes. Some of the other 26'ers will have to chime in on this.