HybridZ

Ls1 in Aussie 240z

hi i know theres plenty pics of zeds with ls1 but i got to brag somewhere finally got my engine sitting in place cant wait to start it as far as i know its the first in australia using johns car kit not sure if its first 240z in australia with ls1 all up but im pretty happy with the fit right hand side header was a right night mare but it fits now yippee

mick

engine_in1.jpg

How are you getting this engineered? This swap is deemed illegal under the new DOTARs rules for displacement/weight. If it wasn't I would have begun this swap 2 years ago, as that was what i intended to do to mine until I read the rules that came in around the time i brought my 240z. So otherwise, im eager to find out if you get this licensed, as it would help other get one shoe horned in if someone else has been allowed under the new rules

Aaron

hi 280z and 300z are ok in qld. for up to 6.2litre sorry haven't anything to do with 240's I have a 300zx with holden 5litre legal and on the road for 7 months very exciting to drive now that have got to this point I will do body & intrerior goes great stops better than std & handles much better than std my new project is a 280 with 6litre just starting so persevere with your legal persuit it all depends on your state.

An LS1 into a 240Z can be approved under DOTAR's rules. I've done it!

I have undertaken a lot of research on this before commencing my LS1 installation, to the degree that I have RTA approval to go ahead.

"zed240au" has been a trailblazer in this and I have been more than happy to learn from his mistakes (very few) and to copy many of his innovative solutions to a RHD installation. Top bloke.

yeah, i wish I'd known back when i bought the car. Right now I've spent a LOT of money getting a L28 built to a spec capable of the power im chasing. Maybe I'll consider the change when i get bored of the L28 and want something with a higher margin for power improvement. In saying that, if you can PM me the detail I'll pass it on to my Z mechanic and he can properly inform his other customers about this revelation.

Aaron

hi aaron (Vindicare) i started this project back in 2005 and have approval from tasmania transport for the install car is currently registered as V8 from previous engine install as we dont have the dotars system in tasmania i cant help you with that but i have seen peter (boyfromoz) submission for nsw rego he sure did a lot of work on it and he has recieved approval

I know of another person currently talking to engineer in south australia though not sure how hes gone with that

so all i can say is it possible in tassie and nsw not sure on victoria

Thanks for your kind words mike (m1noel) you and other ls1 owners on hybridz have been my inspiration to keep going when ive hit the problems along the way so thankyou

car is very close just needs little time to allow me to start it and finally get to drive it again though with nearly double the old hp cant wait

Mick