HybridZ

Bolt size for crankshaft pulley on S130s?

PhilbertZ

I was doing a plug change and was planning to adjust the valves while I was at it. I had everything ready to go, but when it came time to bring the first cylinder to TDC, I had a rude awakening.

First, the crankshaft pulley was pretty darn hard to reach from above, so I had to put the car up, remove the skid plate, lower fan shroud, and get under it...then, I realized that I didn't have a socket large enough for the bolt! I tried 1 inch and 22mm sizes - not even close! After about an hour of trying everything I had from hands to pliers (and lots of patience), I gave up.

Does anyone here know the exact bolt size for this guy so I can get the right socket and take care of this?

Am I missing something here that would have made it easier? I had the plugs all out so compression shouldn't have made an impact on the progress, right?

Thanks in advance!

27mm, but I'm able to spin the engine by the damper by hand with all the plugs out.

Thanks guys for the replies.

Goldfish - what "damper" are you referring to? Have a photo or can you please explain what it is and how to turn it? I tried manually with my hands and a rag, with all the plugs out. but nothing budged...

Thanks guys for the replies.

Goldfish - what "damper" are you referring to? Have a photo or can you please explain what it is and how to turn it? I tried manually with my hands and a rag, with all the plugs out. but nothing budged...

just the crank pulley. Stupid question but was it in neutral?

Perhaps loosen off the belts too.