HybridZ

Anyone Want Some Koni's?

Gollum

Hey, there's a 83' turbo at the local yard not more than 5 miles from my work. Is anyone interested in them?

I think PNP is gonna charge me a good $20 be shock, and they might want to charge me for the springs seperately, so my total might come out to $100 or more. I'd be willing to go and pick them up if anyone was interested in giving me a good deal on them. Can't promise a price until I have them in my hands.

They looked fairly new, as they were pretty clean, the rears that is. I'm not sure if the front had koni's as well, I'd have to remove it from the cartridge to find out.

So, any buyers?

If anyone wants they can PM me their phone number and I can call them once I get a product number for them, then they can find out how good they are.

(btw, very little was mechanically left of the car)

PickNPull in fairfield. Take air base parkway off I-80. Go east on air base a long ways and when you pass walters St you know you're close (it's a light). Should be up about a 1/4 mile from there on the right, and you'll see a big pickn'pull sign.

Np woldson. Expect to hear from me today around 4pm.

Think it would be a good idea to grab the cam from the turbo engine for my NA swap or not waste the time?

Did I mention the whole engine/tranny were gone in my first post? I thought I did. Even if I did, no worries. Yea, it's all gone.

Diff is there if anyone wants a 3.90 R200 but i'm not shipping it. It won't be worth the time and effort, unless someone wants to really overpay for a 3.90. If that's the case I've got a spare 3.90 in my backyard...

The tan suade seats weren't in TERRIBLE shape, but still not very good. They had the trademark ZX logo stamping. The rear seats looked good, would be worth having if your rear seats were tan and thrashed.

There were two 79-81 brown ZX cars there, mostly complete NA engines. One was a 79, unsure of the other one, but it had the earlier hood. I think it was a P79 head iirc, so 80-81. The blue one was also NA.

If someone is going by there let me know when. I might be able to stop by and say hi, or they could stop by my work and say hi. I'm less than 5 miles from PNP I think.

That's about all I can remember right now. OH YEA...

...there's a complete 1UZFE there right now. It was KILLING me. I wanted to just start ripping that thing outta there. There was also a turbo mark 3 supra if anyone was interested. motor looked completel, turbo and all, but the oil was pretty nasty black and grimey.

Congrats to woldson on these shocks. They seem pretty sweet. If I wasn't planning on giving up my S130 project I'd want these for myselfs. I'll post more details about them once they're in woldson's hands, as long as he doesn't mind of course.

Ok ok ok, you convinced me ;)

shocks1ss6.jpg

shocks2zc8.jpg

shocks3ud3.jpg

shocks4qi1.jpg

shocks5mf4.jpg

shocks6yx5.jpg

So who feels like ya missed out? Cuz you did! So can anyone find some more info on these? Me and woldson were able to confirm they were made for the 280ZX, but not who ever sold them in the USA, and how much they sold for. The only google result that produce code brings up is a yahoo auction in japan.

EDIT: Did another quick search. Not sure how I never found this before

http://store.classicgarage.com/rear19nis28i.html

Seems they're about $70 per shock, though that doesn't include a spring, and the product code doesn't include the R. Wonder if they're different or not.

Woldson, if you want more info on Koni strut rebuilding then check out the super uber insanely long damper thread in the suspention section. Several people talk about getting their koni struts rebuilt and I think it was around $60 a shock and in many cases you could get them rebuild to your own specs.

• 1 month later...