HybridZ

turbo lt1 300z (pictures)

• 5 months later...
isn't the maf in the wrong location? shouldnt it be where the inlet is on the turbo?

Its not in the wrong spot. As long as its reading metered air it really doesn't matter. You could put it in front of the turbo inlet but then you would have to recirculate the BOV so you don't get a rich condition and possibly stall the engine. So essentially you can run it in both spots its just easier to plum it in where its at and avoid more fabricating.

any updates on this car?

I wish I had some to share. I am slowly putting together the parts and I'm also working on quite a few other projects on the car that I will share. I am really waiting on the fundage to roll in. I'm going MSII and EDIS-8 plus I'm rewiring the front half of the car for a cleaner look. I have pretty much finished the wiring and its going to be pretty clean under the hood compared to what it was. No fuse blocks or scattered wiring... man I can't wait. I started another thread when I found out I broke a few piston ring lands. I guess I should have kept everything together in one post... sorry for the confusion.

Also if you look in the MS section I am working on a trigger wheel setup for the EDIS. Here http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=137277

• 2 months later...

I started a build thread that is linked in my sig. You can post any additional comments in this thread and I will update both as I go.

I have got the short block in the truck along with the rotating assembly ready for the machine shop tomorrow. I ended up going with a set of 0.030 / 21.1cc dish pistons that should put me around 8.7:1 CR with the stock heads. Hopefully if all goes well it should be up and running by the end of February.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright! So I got the block back from the machine shop along with the rotating assembly and I went to town... I gapped the top rings at 0.025" and the second at 0.024". I plastigauged all the bearings and all the mains were right at 0.0025" across the board and the rods were from 0.0025" - 0.0030". After assembly and torque everything to spec I put a torque wrench on the end of the crank and it took about 25 ft. pounds to start rotating and about 15 or so to keep it going. So far so good!!!

DSC02425.jpg

DSC02426.jpg

DSC02427.jpg

DSC02428.jpg

DSC02429.jpg

Yea I'm kinda a messy builder and I'm very liberal with the moly... lol

Yes sir the pistons are no longer the weakest link, I have passed it onto the rods. hahaa Hopefully it will hold to at least 500 rwhp. I still have the aforesaid spare for the ALL forged setup coming to a Z near you in 2010 as long as my wallet is forgiving enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...