HybridZ

Getting another Z...

Gollum

Jeez, just when I thought I was DONE for a while...

I'll probably be picking it up next weekend. It's FREEEEEEEEEEE

Zip, nothing, nada.

It's a 1980 280ZX 2 seater. Brown interior and was origonally brown exterior. It was painting a strange eggplant color that has some metalic paint in it. It's been sitting over a year but is in amazingly good condition. No rust bubbling ANYWHERE, some mild rust in the battery tray that looks to be mostly surface.

Owner says that 2 cylinders aren't running well and it seems to be bad compression since it has spark and fuel. He was gonna fix it up but has too many projects. He had SEVERAL amazing cars lying around that he was pointing out and telling me stories of who GAVE it to him. So he's got his handsful and knows he's never going to get to this 280ZX.

He says it still drove fine with it's problems so I'll most likely actually be able to DRIVE a FREE car back to my house. Amazing eh?

Oh yea, it's a slick top, woohoo!

I'm still kinda unsure what I want to do with it, but I don't have money for a project, and I'm not gonna bother making a post smog car a street/track car. So I think I'm just gonna fix it up, and then decide if I want to keep it for a while or just sell it. Should be able to rake in an easy 1k in it's condition as I think it'll be visually appealing in most aspects.

Overal I was impressed at how extremely origonal everything was, and how well done the paintjob was done. Well kept car, and aparently the previous owner before the current owner had like 5 of them and she has a garage of 40+ cars because she just buys new cars all the time. She bought this car new and commuted between oakland and SF every day and now the car has 205k on the OD.

Basically wasn't driven much for the last 6+ years since the engine started having this issue (running rough I think, I have yet to hear it) but it's been well taken care of.

I'll have pics in the near future...

• 3 months later...

I thought I had a thread I posted pictures in, but I can't find it.

Anyways, 4 months later I FINALLY get the title to this baby!!!! Went to DMV to find out the damage on the back registration (tags were 03' or something), and the lovely lady at the DMV office informed me it was non-op!!!!

WAHOOO HAPPY DANCE!!!

She made my day.

I gave her a check for $105 to cover tax/licensing/title transfer, all that jazz and went on my merry way.

I just got a car in my name for a total cost of $105! The car even had 1/2 a tank when I origonally picked it up, that's like $30 right there.

280ZX_013.jpg

Now that I know what I really spent by taking this car off this guys hands, she looks just that much better. I think I'm going to go for a drive tonight.