HybridZ

Cheap Glass "racing" seats

jerryb

No I didnt forget shipping. $100 for both seats and only $20 extra to Canada. Not bad for larger items, and I hate when places charge double to the great white North. It just doesnt cost that much more, in fact its about the same and its just an attempt at a money grab.

Now Alaska is a different beast!

I bought my Corbeau FX1 Pro's from Soloracer for $279 with free shipping since my order was over $350. There web site says they ship to Canada so I would give them a shout. This is still an entry level seat but at least it's a name brand and the folks at Soloracer had great customer service. Click here for info.

On Edit: I just noticed the auction is for a pair of seats so forget what I said above.

The seats posted by the thread starter look like a chinese-made Sparco copy I've come in contact with.

They're really mushy. If you lean back "hard" (a little harder than you would during normal use) the back of the seat flexes. Does the same thing if you lean back and move from side to side.

I'd get another setup.

The sparco sprint 5's are only $299 and weigh 18.7 lbs. you get a real FIA brand name seat. Not something you don't know the quality of.

www.ogracing.com has them and I think they do free shipping for over $100.

Theyre also highly uncomfortable. Those tube-fram seats have a very high "Front" that lifts your thighs up pretty high. Good for holding you in, and thats it. Ill only buy a flat-bottom seat if i ever get one again.

Theyre also highly uncomfortable. Those tube-fram seats have a very high "Front" that lifts your thighs up pretty high. Good for holding you in, and thats it. Ill only buy a flat-bottom seat if i ever get one again.

Thanks for that tip. I'm actually going to go sit in some different seats today or tomorrow. Problem I'm running into is finding a good seat with the anti-submarine hole in it for a decent price. I got a barely used Sparco Corsa in black with the side mounts & sliders for $100! I don't want to spend $800+ to get a matching corsa though.

OG which is a pretty big supplier of race seats is just down the street from me and they have a showroom so you can test stuff out.

Use the hybrid Z method and add youre own hole for the buckle ;)

Of course you could always get a harness with that built in. From what ive seen high quality harnesses have a spot right by the shoulders designed to tear/give a smidge so you wont sink in during a hardcore crash. Also a good way to tell if youre buying a used harness thats been in an accident already or not.

Any comments on the Hunsaker racing seats For street/lapping day duty?

Are you talking about the reclinables? As far as they go, look like a -small- step up from your average sports reclinable, the hip-support looks a bit deeper then most.

Imo when it comes to a seat, hip/leg support is the most important thing. I want my legs to be flat, and i want them to have a high-wall to "push" against when cornering. Lumbar support doesnt compare, and id gladly give up all lumbar support in favor of some deep sides. My harness/belt/hands on the wheel can support my toro just fine. I cant however hold my feet against the pedals and support them..