HybridZ

Got my wings today!

patzky1

Congrats! I decided to go get my unpowered plane license starting this year if I can swing it. I want to fly Sailplanes. It's much less expensive and I think it would be tons of fun.

Tell me this doesn't look fun!

About $2000 to a solo license.

This guy is nuts!

Yeah, that guy IS nuts. Gimme power any day.

Congrats! I decided to go get my unpowered plane license starting this year if I can swing it. I want to fly Sailplanes. It's much less expensive and I think it would be tons of fun.

Tell me this doesn't look fun!

About $2000 to a solo license.

This guy is nuts!

At first I thought I wanted to fly F-18's. Everybody is pretty much indoctrinated that you want to fly them during the first part of flight school. Then, after that, you still might or might not. For me I really didn't know what I wanted to fly the most during the second half or so of primary flight school. After I did my aerobatics block jets looked less like THE answer for me. Coming into the program I had a CFII and Multi-engine ratings, so I had a little bit of fixed wing experience. I finally decided that rotor wing was something I wanted to do partially due to the fact that I had never even been in a helicopter in my life. Seemed like fun.

So, rotors came my way and I couldn't have made a better choice. It's going to be great.

Doing the (ch)air force thing and flying fighters would definitely be cool as hell and I encourage you to try your damnedest for it! Some will say that Navy/Marine jet guys don't get as much combat maneuvering training as the air force because they have to train to do carrier recoveries. However, I think it makes them that much more amazingly skilled since they can do it...

wow!! congrats!!

were helo's/rotor your first choice?!

Im seriously considering the military this summer (ill finally have my degree) for officer training.. I want a F16/F22 slot. realllly bad

Congratulations! Looks like I'll miss your party. I won't be in Pensacola until May 10th. Need to get my regular fix at the Naval Air Museum. Your post brings back fond memories of my own winging in Corpus Christi.

Bill Davis

CDR USNR-R/1315

congrats, also bringing back my own memories. first wings were at ft rucker in alabama in 1986 as an army rotary wing aviator [i was an army reserve medevac pilot] then the 2nd time as a marine aviator, flew kc130's. loved pensacola and the seville quarter as well as time in corpus thereafter.

if i had to choose between fixed wing and helos i'd go with the latter. for someone like me [can't sit still] the helos offered up a place for both hands and feet that always needed to be occupied and doing something! fun, challenging and rewarding! nothing like noe [nap of the earth] flying in upstate ny-especially in the spring & fall.

you'll love the sikorsky, great helo platform!

remember, there are old and there are bold pilots but there are no old, bold pilots...[spoken to me as a young army warrant officer from an old chief warrant officer who would occasionally take me aside and pass his words of wisdom].